Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gracing the Green in a 914: The first and only appearance of a Porsche 914 LE Can Am at an Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance event, 914 LE Can Am at the Cars and Coffee at the Concours
KELTY360
post Mar 17 2015, 09:13 AM
Post #61

914 Neferati

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,344
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 17 2015, 07:05 AM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Mar 17 2015, 11:02 AM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 17 2015, 06:51 AM) *

Patdon me for being articulate.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

Is he asking you for a patdown? I thought you only got those from the TSA? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

I'm not really sure what he's asking. Kind of sad for someone who's so articulate.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 09:20 AM
Post #62

LUFTBRIGADE

Member No.: 15,092
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(MDG @ Mar 17 2015, 11:06 AM) *

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 17 2015, 10:51 AM) *

KELTY360, so you have a problem with me being articulate. Too many big words?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/mellow.gif)

You stated you never implied your car was in the concours. KELTY clearly has illustrated... you did. In the title. Of this thread.

Aggrandizement. There's a big word.

I clearly stated in the very first post that my car was in the Saturday Cars and Coffee event, which by the way the official name of the event which is on the issued decal for the cars in it is "Cars and Coffee at the Concours"... because it's part of the entire 4 day event. Learn to read.

"On the Saturday Cars and Coffee at The Concours event, a handful of 914s graced the Concours green as well, one of which being the rarest of the 914 productions cars sold to the public - the LE Can Am. A 'Creamsicle' no less, the rarer by half of the remaining two American Limited Edition Can Am production cars (Creamsicle and Bumblebee). 

This is for the fans of the LE. "
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Mar 17 2015, 09:28 AM
Post #63

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 17 2015, 11:10 AM) *

Yes, it was at the concours, which is a four day event that includes several events. You're welcome to look up the website to see the schedule which I posted daily on the Amelia Island thread.

look, if you guys are not interested then just stop commenting. If your sole purpose here is to gang up on me and try to make me look bad for other members it says a lot about who you are and your lack of character and integrity. And if that's the case then I'll just delete everything and stop posting pictures from the event. I've got tons of great shots of all the 914 in great detail. don't ruin it for everybody. Just grow up and stop being assholes.

Tommy,
You have to realize this is all about the over the top drama that seems to run through many of your threads.

We all like pictures of cars. However, if you notice when other people post they may have one picture of their own car and then lots of pictures of the rest. Your pictures are of you and your car...over and over again. If you do post pictures, it's more of an afterthought...like, "Oh yeah, here is a picture of a 914-8". We all know what you and your car look like. What we don't know is what other awesome cars were there.

You have a nice car....enjoy it. Some of your threads come across as your car being the best example out there. It's not. Simple research shows the title history and some of the issues you have had. We all know the history. As I said, it's a nice car (I almost bought it when JRust had it posted).

I appreciate you being on the forum. We can all learn from each other. However, it's not all about you. You have had three of these cars...great. I've had 8 or more (I've lost count at the moment). There are others who have owned huge numbers who have forgotten more about 914's than I will ever know. They don't come across with the hubris you demonstrate. Show some humility (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 09:35 AM
Post #64

LUFTBRIGADE

Bill, I appreciate your words. And I'm editing my words here because I replied in a hurried and heated moment. So I'd just like to clarify:

I only posted one picture of me with my car.

Actually I did post a lot more detailed pictures of the 914-8, so I wouldn't call it an afterthought. And the reason I have so many pictures of the 914-8 posted, is because I think is the most significant 914 of all. I thought people would want to see a lot of detail in such a rare car that most of us have never seen in person.

I posted one picture with me with my car, not over and over as you say. That's not something to be ashamed of. I don't see how some accuse me of having lack of humility. I took a picture with my car, as all of us have. And wouldn't this be a proud moment to do so when our car is being honored this way? I'm excited that the 914 is being represented here, and that my car was somehow a part of all this. Everybody else who was at this thing taking pictures in front of their cars doesn't mean that have no humility, but because they are excited to be there, as they shoudl be.

I posted one page of pictures and everybody else has posted three pages of insults. I am not interested in drama and did not start it. But some little people here just insist on continuing with it, acting pathetic and just want to hate. And though I have asked repeatedly for it to stop, they continue to do so which shows their true intentions. They are not interested in the car, and accuse me of not being a car enthusiast. I'm just posting pictures from the event and all they're doing is slamming me for doing so. Maybe some people like to see different detailed pictures and angles of the car. Which is what this thread was intended for.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Mar 17 2015, 09:44 AM
Post #65

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 17 2015, 11:35 AM) *

Actually, I only posted one picture of me with my car.

And actually I have a lot more pictures of the 914-8 posted. I wouldn't call it an afterthought. and the reason I have so many pictures of the 914-8 posted, is because I think is the most significant 914 of all. I don't see how I didn't even be conceived I think of it as an afterthought with all the detailed photos I put of it.

and out of all the pictures I posted of the LE, there is only one, the very last picture with me in it. Is that something to be ashamed of to take a picture with the car? I don't see how you guys excuse me of having lack of humility. Because I took a picture with my car. Have you not ever taken a picture of you with your car? And wouldn't this be a proud moment to do so when our car is being honored this way? So I have no humility because I'm excited that the 914 is being represented here, and that my car was somehow a part of all this. I'm not entitled to take a picture with it there? That shows no humility? so everybody else who was at this thing taking pictures in front of their cars has no humility then. Is that what you're saying? Because I'm very confused as to how I'm being such a jerk here when I posted one page of pictures and everybody else has posted three pages of insults. The drama was not started by me.and it seems that most people here just insist on continuing with it acting pathetic.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I was trying to help explain why you were getting pushback. You aren't listening to what is being said. That's your right...enjoy your car. Over and out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 09:47 AM
Post #66

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Mar 17 2015, 11:44 AM) *

I don't have a dog in this fight, I was trying to help explain why you were getting pushback. You aren't listening to what is being said. That's your right...enjoy your car. Over and out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Bill, I appreciate your words. And I edited my words because I replied in a hurried and heated manner, for which I apologize. I understand and thank you. But they're doing it to get a rise out of me. They can't help themselves and a decent person wouldn't behave that way. They're so tough and brave behind their keyboards. There was no reason for any of this to begin with in the first place.
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Mar 17 2015, 09:50 AM
Post #67

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

You could always cry to admin and have this thread deleted, or you could go hang out with a&p girl and talk about us trolls.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 09:52 AM
Post #68

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Mar 17 2015, 11:50 AM) *

You could always cry to admin and have this thread deleted, or you could go hang out with a&p girl and talk about us trolls.

Thank you for proving my point.
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Mar 17 2015, 09:56 AM
Post #69

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

I don't think he's getting it.

Oh, and BTW, the next time you create a thread with such palatial and historical significance on the scale of discovering Stonehenge, the word is "marque" and not "marquee", unless you're describing a movie theater.
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 09:57 AM
Post #70

LUFTBRIGADE

Sorry for the misspell.
+Quote Post
brant
post Mar 17 2015, 09:58 AM
Post #71

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Alpha?

Tommy,
you have been given a ton of examples and a ton of feedback about humility
I don't think you've listened to a word of it
people would like you to calm down and deflate your big head

thus the reason I recommended in another thread that you blog to yourself since you obviously want to hear your own voice
you will think I'm attacking you and I'm another jerk

truth is your attitude and narcissism is rubbing everyone the wrong way
humility is about saying thank you and actually listening
people are very easy to get along with here... you will need to make an effort though

or disappear like others that have been here in the past and struggled to make friends with the larger group

I'm actually not attacking you
I'm trying to concretely explain to you what is going awry for you

used to be the admins wouldn't delete threads
although I'm sure you will ask for it

+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 10:01 AM
Post #72

LUFTBRIGADE

Thank you for the advice, Brant. I do appreciate it and will heed it. Cheers. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'll have to respectfully disagree about hearing my own voice. I would rather people just enjoy the pictures without insulting commentary. Or just don't say anything. I feel like I have to defend myself from being attacked. But I think I'm done. Not worth my time anymore. and I doubt I'll finish posting the rest of the pictures on the Amelia Island thread now.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Mar 17 2015, 10:20 AM
Post #73

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

Nice looking car...wow...

Easy guys, so the guy gets a little excited and is passionate about his car, that cannot be a bad thing in my book!

+Quote Post
rmital
post Mar 17 2015, 11:05 AM
Post #74

Northeast optimist

Member No.: 5,268

QUOTE(brant @ Mar 17 2015, 11:58 AM) *

Alpha?

wow....did you actually sneak that ancient reference past everyone... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif)
them's were some funny painstaking threads (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 11:06 AM
Post #75

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(oldschool @ Mar 17 2015, 01:18 AM) *

It was super cool meeting all of you guy's,The guy that surprised me the most was scotty
I picture him a big fat dude with no hair (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)...guy can be on the cover of vogue (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
And Tommy love the disco pants I still have a pair. And it was great meeting all the people that hate Brad Roberts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) ....LOve you guy's (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Thanks, man. It was really good to meet you too. And I'll keep you posted about the shoot.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 11:13 AM
Post #76

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(Mueller @ Mar 17 2015, 12:20 PM) *

Nice looking car...wow...

Easy guys, so the guy gets a little excited and is passionate about his car, that cannot be a bad thing in my book!

Thanks you, Mueller. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

All of us there were pretty excited (thrilled, actually) to be there. All the 914s on Saturday were really nice and all of us really enjoyed meeting each other and being there with our cars. I posted pics of the cars in the Amelia Island thread for everybody. Enjoy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Mar 17 2015, 11:24 AM
Post #77

914 Idiot

Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Mar 16 2015, 08:59 PM) *
... As exciting as this is was, only bad can come of it.

I'm calling BS on that. IMHO, the only "bad" that can come of it is that the prices will go up. That was already happening--try finding a decent running 2.0L with very minimal rust for $3500 today! That's what I bought mine for...

What "good" things can happen? OK, how about more people actually appreciating the 914 for what it is? I personally think the whole "get out of here, that's just a VW" thing does get old after three or four decades, you know? How about more people like Mikey stepping up and making formerly NLA parts for these cars? Now that they're actually worth a little bit of money (wow, half as much as a new Camry!!) there's sort of almost enough money in making parts for some optimists to do so.

Sorry, but I disagree with "only bad can come of it."

Do I think this thread was a bit over the top? Yeah, I do. So I just scrolled past the last 3/4 of the photos--no problem! I also think that poking at him when he has shown that he may be a bit overly sensitive to some things is also over the top. (And that's not just pointed at you, Mike. Lots of "offenders" on that here.)

So yeah--Tommy should probably relax and not take this stuff personally. Then again, all the people telling him how wrong he is should also chill.

Speaking of which, I think I'll move along to the next thread.

--DD
+Quote Post
greenie
post Mar 17 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #78

Member No.: 3,013
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(tumamilhem @ Mar 17 2015, 06:35 AM) *

Just to clarify:

Actually, I only posted one picture of me with my car.

And actually I did post a lot more pictures of the 914-8, so I wouldn't call it an afterthought. And the reason I have so many pictures of the 914-8 posted, is because I think is the most significant 914 of all. I don't see how I didn't even be conceived I think of it as an afterthought with all the detailed photos I put of it. That and I thought people would want to see a lot of detail in such a rare car that most of us have never seen in person.

I posted one picture with me with my car, not over and over as you say. Is that something to be ashamed of? I don't see how you guys accuse me of having lack of humility. I took a picture with my car. Have you not ever taken a picture of you with your car? And wouldn't this be a proud moment to do so when our car is being honored this way? So I have no humility because I'm excited that the 914 is being represented here, and that my car was somehow a part of all this. I'm not entitled to take a picture with it there? That shows no humility? So everybody else who was at this thing taking pictures in front of their cars has no humility then? I'm very confused as to how I'm being such a jerk here when I posted one page of pictures and everybody else has posted three pages of insults. The drama was not started by me and it seems that most people here just insist on continuing with it acting pathetic, created by little people who just want to hate. And though I have asked repeatedly for it to stop, they continue to do so which shows their true intentions. they are not interested in the car, and accuse me of not being a car enthusiast. I'm just posting pictures from the event and all they're doing is slamming me for doing so. Maybe some people like to see different detailed pictures and angles of the car. Which is what this thread was intended for.

This comment about Kelty360 is over the line, he is certainly a man small in stature but really not all that hateful! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
tumamilhem
post Mar 17 2015, 11:53 AM
Post #79

LUFTBRIGADE

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Mar 17 2015, 01:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Mar 16 2015, 08:59 PM) *
... As exciting as this is was, only bad can come of it.

I'm calling BS on that. IMHO, the only "bad" that can come of it is that the prices will go up. That was already happening--try finding a decent running 2.0L with very minimal rust for $3500 today! That's what I bought mine for...

What "good" things can happen? OK, how about more people actually appreciating the 914 for what it is? I personally think the whole "get out of here, that's just a VW" thing does get old after three or four decades, you know? How about more people like Mikey stepping up and making formerly NLA parts for these cars? Now that they're actually worth a little bit of money (wow, half as much as a new Camry!!) there's sort of almost enough money in making parts for some optimists to do so.

Sorry, but I disagree with "only bad can come of it."

Do I think this thread was a bit over the top? Yeah, I do. So I just scrolled past the last 3/4 of the photos--no problem! I also think that poking at him when he has shown that he may be a bit overly sensitive to some things is also over the top. (And that's not just pointed at you, Mike. Lots of "offenders" on that here.)

So yeah--Tommy should probably relax and not take this stuff personally. Then again, all the people telling him how wrong he is should also chill.

Speaking of which, I think I'll move along to the next thread.

--DD

You're absolutely right, Dave. I didn't want some to ruin it for everybody else. It's just rude. Thanks for your words and advice. You're absolutely right.

And yeah, I was saying the same thing about the "bad thing" about all this. It's great if you have cars and just buying them to flip them. But for those of us who are real enthusiasts and want to have our cars because we love them and drive them which is why we own them, yeah, we don't want them to go up. At least when we go to buy another one.

And yes, I agree. The VW thing is old. Let's not forget that 356s were practically VWs, much moreso than the 914. Not to mention that Porsche had their hands in both 2.0 engines. Even the GTs were badged as VW Porsche. Which shared VW window cranks. :/ VW and Porsche (and Audi) have shared parts for decades.
+Quote Post
BuddyV
post Mar 17 2015, 12:00 PM
Post #80

Robert

Member No.: 3,898
Region Association: Northern California

Re: the flared orange car with the #1 on the side.... what's with the thin wheels? Were these used to roll onto the grass?

.... the car would not have run that way, right??
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 08:45 PM