Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> electrical issues, starter, lights
rhodyguy
post Jun 4 2003, 06:44 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

tried a crank over yest. nothing. the car came with a hot start relay. i disconnected it and ran the wires normaly. still nothing. shorted the two large soleniod terminals as per the lash book. starter spins, no solenoid engagement. is there any "defeat issues" that i have missed? the seat belt wires are not connected/unplugged, and i have not hard wired the fuel pump. does the h.s. relay compound the starting issues when not reconnected after being used? i know it's a band aid. first resort is r&r starter with one off of the fi motor, but it had a relay installed as well. i would prefer to eliminate issues before i spring for a starter up grade.

this one has me totally stumped. w/ key to on position, lows but no high beams. with fogs on, highs but no lows. oh man. i did nothing to the elec system other than all new fuses, cleaned all connections and removal of the a/c. this nightmare is not what i wanted to experience. anybody got a better starter laying on a shelve?

kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 03:38 AM