Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Throttle cable bracket sources?
scooter311
post Feb 14 2005, 07:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,986

Hello mah 914 peeps

Whilst tinkering over the weekend, I gave up trying to wangle my old cable bracket into fitting my carb linkage properly. I was able to get it all fitting and functioning properly, but after having the old lady mash the loud pedal while I made certain it was all working seamlessly, I noticed it was flexing HORRIBLY every time the cable pulled.

The bracket is just 2 sections of cheap metal, welded together to form an "L", and it looks liike it could break at the most inappropriate time -
so is there anything sturdier out there? It would have to be adjustable and cool-looking too, because cool-looking is very important (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif) Where to buy, and how much, or maybe someone here has one collecting dust that they'd sell?

Maybe a couple pics of your setups too? If'n that's not too much to ask, of course (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

Cheerio lads
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DJsRepS
post Feb 27 2005, 06:42 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,060

Yellow gas lines (reg black with electrical heat shrink tubing)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 08:44 AM