Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> sebring exahaust, experiences?
Schnell944
post Jun 4 2003, 07:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 86

I need a new exahust for the 1.7. was wondering what some of you thought of the stebring setup offered by pelican. stebring
I dont want something loud, just a non-stratospherically priced unit to replace stock.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 4 2003, 09:07 PM
Post #2

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

no inside on the sebrings, but that reminds me, is there a "Abarth" exhaust for the 914?

Andy
+Quote Post
Drums66
post Jun 4 2003, 09:18 PM
Post #3

914 Rudiments

Member No.: 151
Region Association: Southwest Region

I know I'm in the minority.....but I kinda like the stock Muff on these cars! Andy I think somebody makes one of those for a 914?
+Quote Post
ChrisReale
post Jun 4 2003, 10:29 PM
Post #4

Sleazy

Member No.: 176

Stock muffler performs and sounds great, but weighs a ton. Plus, NOS muffs are hard ($$$) to find, so most people who AX, or dont want to spend the bucks go with a Bursch (cheap, sounds "ok" and gives pretty good performance") Not sure about Sebring, but I have a feeling they are below average (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ph34r.gif)
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Jun 4 2003, 10:44 PM
Post #5

Small Member

Member No.: 633

I have one. It was the perfect exhaust to pull a frankenstien on. I cut out the muffler (mine was the cherry bomb "sausage" type) replaced it with a straight pipe and put a 10" stainless supertrapp in the end. Works like a champ and sounds anywhere from full blown Lemans (un corked) to a nice tame daily driver. Adjusting the discs also means adjusting the carbs however.
Mine was OLD. It looked old when I bought the car in 94. I make sure and kepp it painted up - no rust to date - and being that I removed the part that usually gets blown out over time, I figure it should last for quite a while. We have been having some pretty long discussions within the Colorado yahoo group about Jet Hot Coating - I may take the plunge on having that done...
-S
+Quote Post
Drums66
post Jun 5 2003, 12:23 AM
Post #6

914 Rudiments

Member No.: 151
Region Association: Southwest Region

Scott I did a similar Fab on a Monza muff as an experiment turned a quad into a double, gave it a subtle more refined sound.........I still like stock when it comes to muff's. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:29 PM