Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Sudden stalls
BfloRandy
post Apr 15 2015, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Dimwit Extraordinaire

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,927
Region Association: North East States

Good day, everyone. Having an issue that began in December, right before I covered the car for the winter. I have a '75 2.0 dual carbed (Weber 40). The car starts as it always has, that is, takes a try or two when it's warm out, and she's ready. Regardless of whether she's warmed up or still relatively cold, sometimes she just cuts out. This can happen at idle, or 3500 rpm. Doesn't seem to matter. When this happens, sometimes she starts right back up just by turning the key, other times, she needs a pump or two on the pedal, and yet other times, she just won't restart for what seems like forever. This is not an issue all the time. It may happen daily for a week, then not again for another week. I was just outside adjusting the carbs, and she died on me a half dozen times but restarted with just the key turned. The last time of course, she wouldn't restart. Probably will now that I've come inside... I don't know if this is a timing issue, a distributor issue, a fuel pump (and/or pump relay) issue. As you can tell, I'm a noob. Help?? More (helpful or not?) info: I went back out to give it another shot, same result. She didn't want to start. Cranks very well, brand new battery... On a whim, I popped the cap off of the distributor, everything inside looked fine. checked all the wires, they're pretty new and plugged in solidly. Got back in, and she fired right up, then died again almost immediately. Back to not wanting to start. Tried fiddling with the cap again, no help this time. I know I have a spare fuel filter lying around somewhere, gonna swap that in just for kicks. FWIW, when she is running, she goes just fine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 04:26 AM