Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> a superior vendor experience, GPR
rhodyguy
post Feb 17 2005, 11:05 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

placed an order from one of their competitors last week and opted for priority mail. recieved an email yesterday that one item was not in stock and it would be 7 to 10 days to source it for shipping. canceled the order at the other place and talked to dave @GPR this am. item is in stock there and will ship today. sweet. during the conversation dave mentioned the large ammount of used parts they have in stock. if you're looking for something used you folks might consider giving GPR a call.

k
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Feb 17 2005, 12:03 PM
Post #2

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5
Region Association: None

Yep Dave is a Good Guy....He is lined up as a sponsor for the WCC.

BTW...they have a 20% off of everything sale on the 19th....
+Quote Post
jasons
post Feb 17 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #3

Jackstand Extraordinaire

Member No.: 2,573

Are those guys tied to Dr. 914 somehow? I just got an email for the doc for a sale he is having this weekend. GPR was listed as their "west coast office" or something like that.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Feb 17 2005, 12:09 PM
Post #4

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

Yeah....they sell each others stuff. Kind of like wholesale to retail to you. They didn't merge or anything....
+Quote Post
brant
post Feb 17 2005, 12:12 PM
Post #5

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I don't usually say much about these type of threads.

but I've got to chime in here..
In 15 years I have never had a negative experience with Dave.

and 2 weeks back I had a very positive experience with a personal note from Dave.

he is top notch.
he will correct problems and go the extra mile.

I didn't know about the sale coming up.. good to know
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 17 2005, 12:41 PM
Post #6

i try to walk on the sunny side of life. that's why i didn't name and bash the other vendor. i've had positive experiences there also.

k
+Quote Post
MarkG
post Feb 17 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,102

I will be ordering a front sway bar from GPR in a few days.....their price was $80+ less than anyone elses!

As to bad experences w/other vendors:

1. Ordered a rebuilt MPS from a well know but not well respected supplier. After a few weeks with no MPS and no update, sent mine to Pelican to have it rebuilt. Pelican's rebuilt - AND the one I ordered weeks earlier - showed up on the same day. I now have a spare.....

2. Same supplier, ordered chemical product advertised as "excellent for bringing the black back to life on your trim and bumpers...." Well, received product, box says its Tire Gel, and lists as OTHER products available: bumper and trim conditioner......

3. Another supplier sells caliper kits with only one piston seal....(not their fault turns out their supplier only put one seal in each kit...extra week of down time waiting for 2 seals)

4. Another well known Porsche supplier advertises Jacobs coil and wires as a DIRECT fit for the 914. So I order Jacobs wires and coil as part of my under the hood updates. Replace almost entire FI system at same time. Car wont run for more than a few minutes. Re-replace CHT, points, reset TPS and all said spend WEEKS trying to figure out why a car than ran when I got it wont run now.

Tow it to a shop, they take one look and tell me "you can't run a Jacobs coil in there - they have no resistor!!!" Put in a Bosch Blue and car runs like a champ.

The first 3 incidents were anoying and a bit expensive (don't need 2 MPS)...but the coil issue cost me weeks of time and not a small amount of money....and all the supplier had to do was sell an external 3 ohm resistor with their Jacobs coil and all would have been well.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Feb 17 2005, 01:24 PM
Post #8

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I was happy to hear GPR and AA had an "Agreement" between them now. I just haven't had any luck with AA over the years, but GPR has been nothing but masterful in my dealings with them the last 13+ years. Recently, I ordered a set of steel flares from GPR, who of course get them from AA. Great price, happy to go through GPR. 2 weeks, no flares. I called and spoke with Jason this morning. Really nice guy. He is going to call AA and get a tracking number find out what is going on etc.

That is how I will deal with AA from now on. Just go through GPR and let them deal with AA. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) I can't keep (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif) It hurts too much. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)

Anyway, Jason said he would call me back later. What do you want to bet AA hasn't even shipped them yet? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Feb 17 2005, 01:33 PM
Post #9

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

It's good to hear things like this. When I order out of the US, it's always been through Pelican, which has usually been very good to me, although shipping can get a little pricey. I think next time I need something, I'll give GPR a try.

+Quote Post
scotty b
post Feb 17 2005, 01:35 PM
Post #10

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/agree.gif) I know the $ ends up in their hands but not having to deal with AA makes it worth using GPR and I'm 2 states away from AA. Over the last 9 years I have yet to get an order coimplete and correct. Everything from backorderd pieces that I was not informed of until my package arrived, to parts that I neither orderd nor was charged for! I really wish they could get on the ball because I know they know these cars better than anyone else but the ordering is a bitch.
+Quote Post
MarkG
post Feb 17 2005, 02:05 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 2,102

QUOTE (scotty b @ Feb 17 2005, 11:35 AM)
I have yet to get an order coimplete and correct. Everything from backorderd pieces that I was not informed of until my package arrived, to parts that I neither orderd nor was charged for!

My EXACT experence just this week.......
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 21 2005, 03:10 PM
Post #12

doorbell just rang and the was package delivered. sweet-n-easy.

k
+Quote Post
MecGen
post Feb 21 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #13

8 Easy Steps

Member No.: 3,421

If I see it correctly...4 days including the weekend.
Priceless
WBR
Joe

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Feb 21 2005, 05:55 PM
Post #14

invoice dated the 17th. ups ground, so it went out the day PROMISSED. i consider san luis obispo somewhat off the beaten path too.

k
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 08:03 AM