Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An "interesting" test drive.
rhodyguy
post Apr 26 2015, 06:49 AM
Post #21

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

you should call the seller and thank him for not taking the $7k. i don't understand why you even took a test drive. that car would have gotten the 2 minute look see and i would have said 'good luck with your sale' and been on the way home.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Apr 26 2015, 10:37 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 17,376
Region Association: Southern California

^^^ I agree. The car was about 60 miles from home, so I figured as long as I was out there I might as well drive it.

Actually, I knew they guy would never take $7K after listening to him talk about what a great car it was, so I knew my $$ was safe.

A couple months ago I looked at a local car that was similarly advertised as "no rust, excellent condition".... blah, blah, blah. He was asking $7,500.

When I got there, turns out it was "Carrot", a POS that a friend had previously owned, and had been painted orange with rattle cans of orange Rustoleum. The floor boards were completely rotted through, the interior was shredded, even the mirror glass was broken.

My friend had sold it to this guy a year prior for 5K, and we both were stunned that anyone would have paid 5K for that pile of junk.

Check this out.... it just came back on the market a couple days ago, now for $9K (well, to be honest, "only" $8,999 !!). Still "rust free" though!! I guess that means the rust comes with the car at no extra charge.

Note to all: Do not waste any time looking at this car. And do not believe any of this ad.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
eric9144
post Apr 28 2015, 03:31 PM
Post #23

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,876

So did you happen to look at the viper green one that was listed in Vista with the 5 lug? That one looked interesting too, but is gone from CL as of today...
+Quote Post
Cuda911
post Apr 28 2015, 04:34 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 17,376

Hmmm... I've checked out all local cars, but don't recall that one. So, there must have been something in the ad that made me not interested.
+Quote Post
worn
post Apr 29 2015, 12:29 PM
Post #25

can't remember

Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Cuda911 @ Apr 25 2015, 10:02 PM) *

Ha, great comments, guys!!

Yeah, I don't know why I even offered him the 7K.... before it lost the gears, it was a blast to drive, and also I hadn't eaten anything all day. Prolly the fuel fumes got to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Here's a section from the ad (the car looks decent in the pix, but I've sure learned that they all do):

[Also, the "custom car cover" looked like a standard $29 Pep Boys cover]

Given the quick release wheel and skill level of the owner, the gear shift knob coming loose was the better of alternatives.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 29 2015, 02:12 PM
Post #26

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

ha.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:23 PM