Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ATTN Hershey attendees
scotty b
post Apr 25 2015, 11:37 AM
Post #1

rust free you say ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,419
Region Association: None

Check your bank accounts if you used a card up there. Someone got my account number and hit me pretty hard yesterday. Hershey / NOVA are the only places I've been out of the ordinary lately and used the business card. I just spent close to 2 hours on the phone with 3 different police jurisdictions and banks. Charges were all over the world and no one called about suspicious activity, yet every time I order something from Restoration Design it gets declined if I don't first call and have the hold lifted (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

. It would be interesting to see if anyone else got hit and we were at the same place (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) That may require a trip back up there soon (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MMW
post Apr 25 2015, 12:45 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,477
Region Association: North East States

Sorry to hear that. Just checked mine & all is good. I used my debit at the museum, Funcks & Scheetz.

Used the MasterCard at Knights Inn.
+Quote Post
rmdinmd
post Apr 25 2015, 12:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,585
Region Association: South East States

Part of reason I tend to use cash. would like to think all the venders are honest but you never know. Co worker got whacked a couple of years ago but he uses it for everything including coffee (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) .
+Quote Post
somd914
post Apr 25 2015, 01:13 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Scotty,

Sorry to hear you about your credit card woes. I checked mine, all seems fine, but only charged lunch at Troegs and a Marriott on the west side of Hershey.

As for suspicious activity, had a Visa with Barclay and what a PITA - the constantly shut the card down - overly protective. And the one case of fraud, about $800 of Disney Land and Magic Kingdom tickets, though I hadn't been in SOCAL for months, it took almost seven months to resolve, and they held me accountable for the charges/interest in the meantime. Discover on the other hand with over $2,500 in fraud was incredibly easy to resolve. Good luck.

- Scott
+Quote Post
Big Len
post Apr 25 2015, 02:53 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

Thanks for pointing this out.
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Apr 25 2015, 03:45 PM
Post #6

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

I talked to one of my local friends that was at the roach motel with us today. They charged him twice....on different days for his room. KI refuses to refund so he has filed a dispute with Master Card. I'm not saying his issue is related to mine, but you can't ignore the coincidence
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Apr 25 2015, 03:46 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

Bummer, Scotty. Thanks for the heads up.
+Quote Post
ejm
post Apr 25 2015, 05:13 PM
Post #8

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

Member No.: 224

Used my Visa at Funcks, Sheetz and the Knights with no problems showing up so far. At the car wash next to the Knights I tried unsuccessfully to swipe my Visa and then my Amex. Told the guy my cards wouldn't work and he turned it on for free. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Bulldog9
post Apr 26 2015, 07:11 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 16,283
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Probably from a gas station. We've had a problem in my area lately with those fake readers, or with a secondary card reader attached to 'swipe' machines, particularly at parking garages, ATM's and gas stations. Frequent enough to stop using my DEBT card. Much easier to get a 'freeze' on your credit card than cash back in your bank account.
+Quote Post
okieflyr
post Apr 26 2015, 11:38 AM
Post #10

9fauxteen

Member No.: 3,426
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(scotty b @ Apr 25 2015, 05:45 PM) *

I talked to one of my local friends that was at the roach motel with us today. They charged him twice....on different days for his room. KI refuses to refund so he has filed a dispute with Master Card. I'm not saying his issue is related to mine, but you can't ignore the coincidence

KI tapped my card twice on the same day for an additional 31.00.
I called them on it afterwards and got the "I made a mistake and didn't charge you the group rate" reasoning...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:34 AM