Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is the PRE fuel filter necessary?
Bulldog9
post Apr 26 2015, 07:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,283
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I'm about ready to wrap up the under carriage of my project, and take it off the jack stands, and have a bit of a quandary as I put my fuel system supply together.

I've already replaced the fuel lines front and rear, new filter in the rear, and installed the new fuel tank.

The last piece of the puzzle is to attach the fuel pump, but there is a REAL mismatch in the sizes of the nipple on the tank and fuel pump. The fuel outlet on the tank is about 12mm (1/2 inch) and the nipple on the CB performance low pressure fuel pump is about 7mm (1/4"). I made up a barbed fitting, but is now too long to fit comfortably and the fuel pump is pushed off to the side rather than center of the front suspension cross member.

I know these tanks have a decent fuel screen/sock in the tank, and as this tank is super clean inside, am thinking about eliminating the pre filter. The barbed fitting is just about as long as the filter, and will fit perfectly.

Can this pre (in pic) filter be eliminated and run the normal just before the carbs?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:32 AM