Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Windshield replacement spacer
Ben and Ralph
post May 4 2015, 10:39 PM
Post #1

Ben

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,917
Region Association: Southern California

I am replacing my windshield this week and I am wondering if the two windshield spacers that 914 rubber sells is mandatory for proper placement or will the general spacers that auto glass repairmen carry will be fine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post May 5 2015, 12:22 AM
Post #2

The rubber man

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Ben and Ralph @ May 4 2015, 09:39 PM) *

I am replacing my windshield this week and I am wondering if the two windshield spacers that 914 rubber sells is mandatory for proper placement or will the general spacers that auto glass repairmen carry will be fine.

You do want to use the spacers to set the correct height. The glass shops do have some shims they can use, and they may have them, but you are in luck. I was using the factory ones as I couldn't find a generic shim that was available that matched.

The OEM ones were a bit spendy, but I did reproduce these so you can get them for less now. I'll post the GB now to save you some cash.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 02:44 AM