Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> True Love and English, My English paper
wrpspddrvr
post Feb 19 2005, 04:19 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,317
Region Association: None

Our teacher wanted us to write a reflective paper. I did mine on what every guy wants: True Love. Please let me know what you think of it....

Cole Harden
English 111-07
Mrs. Shelton
Feb. 18, 2005

I’ve fallen in love many, many times. I’ve experienced so many kinds of love; Head Over Heels love, Love at First Sight, Unconditional Love, Paternal Love, and Brotherly Love. I’ve been through them all. I’ve been through the giddy excitement at the beginning, the intimate comfort in the middle, and the cool neutrality towards the end. Nearly all of my loves have hit me below the belt. Usually it was because I could no longer afford to support them, but occasionally my loves found new people, were stolen away from me, or even died. I know I’m doomed in love, but this time it has to be different. This time there’s something new. A feeling I’ve never had. A desire that consumes my entire being. This time, it’s True Love.

Our first time together, something magical happened. We were totally a part of one another, one entity. To even the most casual of observers, there was something very special between us. Our minds were one, our bodies were one, our hearts were one. We were meant to be together. We were meant to never again be apart. It was immediately apparent to me that I had to make room in my life for this very special partner. I knew instantly it was time to move on. My current, albeit rather tepid, love had to go. I had found another.

While not very understanding, the former love took her leave very gracefully. No complaints, no bitching or blaming or spreading dirty rumours. She just found another man and went peacefully to his home. I was a little saddened, but it was offset to such a large degree by my newest love, I was by no means overwhelmed.

The new love was happy about my separation from the former, but seems to want some assurance I will be faithful. It seems there’s some doubt about my devotion, though I don’t understand why. I’ve given up so much already. I’ve even prepared by home for the new occupant. I’ve bought my new love expensive, shiny things I know she’ll love. I’ve even go so far as to get her special soap, yet still she hesitates. Though I try my hardest to make her mine, I fail. I think it’s just a natural instinct. My love is assuring the best possible conditions. My love wants to be certain we’re completely compatible. I know we are. I know we’ll be together soon. I can feel it in my heart.

It will be worth all the pain when my new love gets here. I don’t mind the temporary heartbreak of not having a car of my own, or the sleepless nights thinking of the sound of that mid-mounted engine, the cute sloppy transmission, the solid feedback of manual steering when perched on the limit through a turn. My new love may torture me by leaving me with my girlfriend’s Honda for the drive to school, but she will soon be mine. Soon my Porsche and I will be together. We will carve the twisties, blast down the straights, and cruise topless, basking in the sunlight. We will finally be where we belong: together.

Heh heh. I can't wait to see her response.

Happy weekend to ya'!
Cole (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/monkeydance.gif)

PS Anyone wanna help my dream come true? Look in the Cars Classifieds for my WTB ad!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
joeav8tor
post Feb 19 2005, 05:37 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 3,493

you need help son! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving-girl.gif)
+Quote Post
Alison Baker
post Feb 19 2005, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,178

QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Feb 19 2005, 02:19 PM)
Our teacher wanted us to write a reflective paper. I did mine on what every guy wants: True Love. Please let me know what you think of it....

Cole Harden
English 111-07
Mrs. Shelton
Feb. 18, 2005

I’ve fallen in love many, many times. I’ve experienced so many kinds of love; Head Over Heels love, Love at First Sight, Unconditional Love, Paternal Love, and Brotherly Love. I’ve been through them all. I’ve been through the giddy excitement at the beginning, the intimate comfort in the middle, and the cool neutrality towards the end. Nearly all of my loves have hit me below the belt. Usually it was because I could no longer afford to support them, but occasionally my loves found new people, were stolen away from me, or even died. I know I’m doomed in love, but this time it has to be different. This time there’s something new. A feeling I’ve never had. A desire that consumes my entire being. This time, it’s True Love.

Our first time together, something magical happened. We were totally a part of one another, one entity. To even the most casual of observers, there was something very special between us. Our minds were one, our bodies were one, our hearts were one. We were meant to be together. We were meant to never again be apart. It was immediately apparent to me that I had to make room in my life for this very special partner. I knew instantly it was time to move on. My current, albeit rather tepid, love had to go. I had found another.

While not very understanding, the former love took her leave very gracefully. No complaints, no bitching or blaming or spreading dirty rumours. She just found another man and went peacefully to his home. I was a little saddened, but it was offset to such a large degree by my newest love, I was by no means overwhelmed.

The new love was happy about my separation from the former, but seems to want some assurance I will be faithful. It seems there’s some doubt about my devotion, though I don’t understand why. I’ve given up so much already. I’ve even prepared by home for the new occupant. I’ve bought my new love expensive, shiny things I know she’ll love. I’ve even go so far as to get her special soap, yet still she hesitates. Though I try my hardest to make her mine, I fail. I think it’s just a natural instinct. My love is assuring the best possible conditions. My love wants to be certain we’re completely compatible. I know we are. I know we’ll be together soon. I can feel it in my heart.

It will be worth all the pain when my new love gets here. I don’t mind the temporary heartbreak of not having a car of my own, or the sleepless nights thinking of the sound of that mid-mounted engine, the cute sloppy transmission, the solid feedback of manual steering when perched on the limit through a turn. My new love may torture me by leaving me with my girlfriend’s Honda for the drive to school, but she will soon be mine. Soon my Porsche and I will be together. We will carve the twisties, blast down the straights, and cruise topless, basking in the sunlight. We will finally be where we belong: together.

Heh heh. I can't wait to see her response.

Happy weekend to ya'!
Cole (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/monkeydance.gif)

PS Anyone wanna help my dream come true? Look in the Cars Classifieds for my WTB ad!

WHat English Class are you taking ?

I did English 1 2 semesters ago and passed with a A.....

You have a few things I would change......
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Feb 19 2005, 07:35 PM
Post #4

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE (Alison Baker @ Feb 19 2005, 06:06 PM)

ironic..... grammar rule dictates that you use "an A"
a apple or an apple (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif) you decide (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Alison Baker
post Feb 19 2005, 08:12 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,178

QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Feb 19 2005, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (Alison Baker @ Feb 19 2005, 06:06 PM)

ironic..... grammar rule dictates that you use "an A"
a apple or an apple (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif) you decide (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

I got an " A " cos..One Im a smart ass in class !!

and 2 nd I speak one hundred percent English AND can put an essay in words very easily

and lastly I graduate in May with a " Bachelors Degree" and I will be (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
xsboost90
post Feb 19 2005, 08:49 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 2,432

hm, my AP english teachers name was mrs. shelton..wierd.
+Quote Post
KaptKaos
post Feb 19 2005, 10:20 PM
Post #7

Family

Member No.: 607
Region Association: Upper MidWest

It may be that you posted it here, but I was skeptical from the get-go. I could tell that you were not talking about a person, and I think your prof will get that as well. IMO you need to disguise this a bit better. The grammer seems fine, its the choice of words that I think I would look to change. You need to personify her a bit more. Also, the part about her leaving to live with another man. That only happens that fast if it's her decision, not yours - lol.

just my 2 cents. gl

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:13 AM