Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> southwest cars
80cap
post May 18 2015, 10:58 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,405
Region Association: None

My 76 2.0 has little rust ,( battery tray @ passenger floor under the seat do to large window leak). However the desert heat has done in all the rubber and heater hoses Etc. the wire is also in bad shape. I guess near 40 year old car is just needy. I hope to find a 914 owner in central Ohio when I start to reassemble the car as to see what goes where. Well just need to get back to work!
Brian
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Madswede
post May 18 2015, 12:23 PM
Post #2

Flat Out Driver

Member No.: 6,831
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Heheh! I wager rubber is cheaper and easier to replace than rusted steel. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

For what it's worth, the heat isn't really responsible for rubber dying out here - it's the dryness and direct sunlight (radiation!! Arghhhh!!!) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

+Quote Post
80cap
post May 18 2015, 12:31 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 18,405
Region Association: None

The rust or lack of is plus in this car. I should have it ready for the media blaster this week. 914 rubber is going to get some business next month.
Brian
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 09:08 PM