Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> about to buy my first 914
Big Len
post May 24 2015, 08:43 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,126
Region Association: Southwest Region

Yeah, I've learned one major thing since I got it 3 years ago.....i enjoy this car more than I thought I would. Sure, its underpowered, but it makes little difference. It's rare, its classic, and it drives better than most car guys know. It's an endearing little shit of a car and I love it.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
thieuster
post May 24 2015, 09:05 AM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,384
Region Association: Europe

I was in the same position earlier this year and got the same advise. In short: all advise is totally correct. Even my rust free (yes!) car had a few items that needed addressed.

It's interesting to look at the rocker panels - they are attachted with either small blind rivets or small self tapping screws. If there are screws used, take them off and inspect the metal structure behind te panels carefully! Very carefully. Poke with a screwdriver inside the jack support for rust etc.

Then, what I did: the moment I got the car in the garage, I dropped the engine. It gives you unlimited access to virtually unreachable corners of the engine, engine bay etc. I had my car's engine out in 2 hrs or so. Take the tins off, have them cleaned etc. Mine contained tons of soil. That will block the forced cooling effect!

I posted them before, but here's an idea:

Before
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i211.photobucket.com-18384-1432479899.1.jpg)

After - yesterday, almost ready
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/i211.photobucket.com-18384-1432479900.2.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:20 PM