Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Differences in heat exchangers?, 1.7 vs 2.0
BillC
post May 28 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,667
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

What is the difference between the heat exchangers for a '73 1.7 engine and a '73 2.0 engine? Will 2.0 heat exchangers fit on a 1.7?

My "new" car (a '73 1.7) did not come with heat exchangers or any of the associated parts. So, I ordered the full kit from AutoAtlanta, since it looked like the most cost-effective way to get all the parts I need. Of course, they jacked up the price after I ordered it, and then charged me the new price (need to call them about that).

Most of the parts were delivered this afternoon. The package included 2.0 heat exchangers and it looks like they're having a 2.0 muffler drop-shipped to me. The package also included two different muffler brackets, it looks like one for a 1.7 and one for a 2.0.

Will these parts fit on a 1.7? If they do fit, will they work properly on a 1.7, and not cause problems down the road? I want to make sure these won't cause a lean condition or other problem caused by having an exhaust meant for a larger engine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 05:44 AM