Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "...on the cover of the Rolling Stone...", well, Anzeiger
J P Stein
post Jun 6 2003, 11:24 AM
Post #1

Irrelevant old fart

Group: Members
Member No.: 45
Region Association: None

Yup, another 914 on the cover of the local PCA rag.

OR plate R-PUNKN.....I wonder who that might be (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
We'll see how allert he is.
Scanner's broke, so no pic for ya'll.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bruce Allert
post Jun 6 2003, 02:45 PM
Post #2

Hellions asleep

Member No.: 441
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

What was it that Gomer use'ta say?.....
Sah-Prize (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Sah-Prize (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mueba.gif)
Sah-Prize (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)

That was me when I got the Anzeiger in the mail the other day.
JP; hope my helmet fits by July 21 for the next AX (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

At the last AX, the Pres., Don Clinkinbeard came up to me & said hummmmm, this is the cover of our next mag. I asked him how he did that since I wasn't aware of anyone taking a pic so I figured he had Punkin mixed up with another Phoenix red 73 914 (guess he knew forsure cuz o' da license, eh?) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
This is definetly one of the highlites in my 914 ownership.
Thanks JP for getting me interested in AX (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Thanks Chris Greenwood for taking a great picture and thanks Don Clinkinbeard for pickin my Punkn to be ........"on the cover of the Rolling Stone!"
bruce

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
philinjax
post Jun 6 2003, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 476

Hey, I was surprised too. My old yeller, that 1.7 I bought for $500.00 then put in a year of work and money, autoxed the hell out of it, street raced a little and finally sold it. Now old yeller is a star the front of the rolling stones mag, North Florida style, doing DEs with a stranger (the subsequent third owner) at the wheel. I wonder if the new owner tried to pull the fuel tank yet. I inadvertantly (stupidly) drilled a hole in the passenger side footwell area, about a foot up from the floor, to install an additional set of speakers. My drill popped through into the fuel tank, gas came streaming out like a cow peeing on a flat rock. I dashed around franticly looking for a container to capture the stream. It took me a day or two to clean up the mess. In any event, I stuck a machine screw in the hole with metal and rubber washers, a nut in the fuel tank with another steel and rubber washer and torqued that sucker down. No leaks. I devulged this information to the guy I sold the car to. Can you imagine someone trying to pull that tank?

Anyway, here she is, Old Yeller:

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:23 PM