Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Oil Leak, Is my mechanic right?
dmilzoff
post Jun 6 2003, 05:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 377

I have a 914-6 with a 3.0. It has been used 1-200 miles per year for the past 4 years and has had moderate oil drips. I accepted the drips in my garage since I only used 1 quart of oil each year. I want to track the car now and I just had major work ($$$) done including changing oil from 50 weight to 10-30 Mobil 1. Now I have more leaks than ever - the car used 2 quarts of oil during 1 day of AutoX. I cannot see any oil leaking. My mechanic says it may be oil leaking past the valve guides into the combusiton chambers - meaning major overhaul and major cost.
Would returning to a higher weight oil (synthetic) help or is the overhaul necessary? Suggestions? Help!!!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
dmilzoff   Oil Leak   Jun 6 2003, 05:12 PM
ChrisReale   Synthetic oil doesnt start leaks, but it finds its...   Jun 6 2003, 06:08 PM
Lawrence914-6   Changing back to a different oil is a cheaper test...   Jun 6 2003, 06:10 PM
campbellcj   Ouch, I feel your pain. If it actually burned 2q...   Jun 7 2003, 12:09 AM
ChrisReale  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 12:14 PM