Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rear Brakes for the race car
stugray
post Jun 28 2015, 12:51 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,819
Region Association: None

I posted this in the paddock, but didnt get much traffic over there.
I have three calipers ready to put back together on my bench and I am waiting to make the decision based on this question below.

Anyone here ever modified their calipers by breaking out the knock back pins?
As usual Eric's site has the most information regarding these pins, but he doesnt go into detail about the possible benefits of doing so.
I was hoping to hear from at least one other racer that has done this, why, and what were the results?
And.... just to confirm: it is the late front calipers that fit the rears , correct?
(I have measured, but not test fit them yet)

Based on some advice from other racers, I am installing some front calipers on the rear of the race car.

Currently I have stock front calipers, stock rears, and a 19mm MC, and still have the stock rear prop valve.

I have a few sets of late front calipers that I disassembled to rebuild for this change.
One of the calipers had the pins for the knock back mechanism broken out by some previous owner.

I understand that the newer A-calipers do not have this mechanism from the factory.

How many others here have done the front caliper installation on the rear?
Did you keep the rear prop valve, or go for an aftermarket like the tiltons?
Has anyone heard of breaking out the knock back pin?
If so, what advantage is this supposed to provide?

Should I use calipers with the knock back system intact, or should I break the pins out of another caliper so I have a matched set?

I plan on running KFP Gold pads on the front and Porterfield AP31T R4-S pads on the rear for some front bias.

Any more tips or tricks ?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 07:50 PM