Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Engine Stalls, Engine stalls and dies out when I begin to release clutch
mimatti
post Jun 29 2015, 06:02 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,896
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hello to all the 914 owners,

I am new to this forum and it looks like a great place to be regarding 914's. A little background about my 914 before I ask my question. It's a 1972 1.7Liter, that had it's two carburetor system replaced, in 2011, with a brand new single Webber Carb. I bought the car 4 years ago and unfortunately it's been sitting in my garage ever since due to various projects. I was able to drive it up the drive way and into my garage with no isuues, and she stayed there the entire four years. This weekend I decided to take it out and drive it a little. The idle was way too low, so I adjusted and got the idle to just under 1,000 rpm. The problem is when I try to start out in 1st gear, as I begin to slowly release the clutch, the engine's power dies to the point where the engines dies out. Even when I revved the engine to almost 3,000 rpm and then slowly released the clutch, about mid-way in the clutch's pedal travel, the engine's power is robbed, engine rpm goes down toward idle very quickly, and the engine dies out. I made sure that I was in 1st gear and not a higher gear, the problem persisted to the point where I couldn't even drive it back in my garage, I had to push it in.

Before I remove the carburetor, or and clutch work, does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be, or at least limit the possibilities to a system, i.e. fuel, air, carb, clutch, etc... I appreciate any help in this matter because I now finally have the time for this Porsche and want to begin enjoying it.

Regards,

mimatti
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 12:07 AM