Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rough idle hard to start lack of power Fixed., Happy Camper
catsltd
post Jun 30 2015, 05:28 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,814
Region Association: None

Picked up my car on Tuesday.

Love the car but not a lot of power except 3rd gear was decent.

Starting in the morning was brutal,tried everything,start stall,start stall sputter stall.
After about 3 minutes of using the starter I could keep it running.

Warmed up or cold ddint matter,sluggish no power 4th and 5th was a dog.'

I had ordered some parts from Pelican,before picking up the car.
Flam thrower coil,8.5 MM plug wires,and electronic ignition that I have not installed yet,
New NGK plugs that i picked up today.

So swapped over the coil,plugs and wires and tried to start it cold(Hoping for anything),well it fired right up no pedal to the metal,no starting then stalling,just about 2 seconds later it was idling at a high idle.(about 1200 RPM).Normal idle is 900 RPM).

Could it really get any better????.Wow what a beast I am over whelmed by the power the car has now in all gears,pulls like a completely different car,all i can say is it is a night and day differnence.

Drove about 6 blocks and the car stalles and wont start,fearing the worst I checked my gas etc but it would not fire at all nothing even when pumping it.
Sitting at the light really feeling the pain.

Started checking the wires all good,checked the battery and the positive cable moved a bit by turning it,gave it a good twist and hoped for the best.
Back in bussiness and off I went.
Assoon as I went home I pulled the cables cleaned them and fixed the corroded connections.rust was every where on the clips.

Car is a blast to drive now,my headlight now work,they would only work by jiggling the light switch on and off,light in the engine compartment now works,have no idea what else will start working.

You can see the corrosion on the positive cable that i did not clean.

Anyway what a day,I deserve a beer.
And thanks to everyone who offered suggestions on my trouble shootting thread,you guys got me on the right track.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Heeltoe914
post Jun 30 2015, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,506

Happy driving. any day in a 914 is a good day.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:06 AM