Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> A Question for the Experts ..... clutch chatter/judder
SLITS
post Jul 3 2015, 09:56 AM
Post #1

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Finally decided to put a new clutch assembly in my /6 conversion.

After bolting everything back up and test driving the car, I have horrible clutch chatter/judder starting off in first. Old clutch slipped when foot to the floor in 3rd gear.

Old clutch cover and flywheel surface did not have any blueish burn marks on it.

Problem: the two bottom mounting studs for the tranny to engine appear to be pulling out (won't tighten), so before I pull the assembly again and try to helicoil the pulled threads, the question is .. ta da..:

Would this cause severe clutch chatter/judder in 1st gear? Asking for opinions/experience as I have never experienced this condition in any of my cars.

I do have a spare flywheel and just need to find a machinist competent enough to surface it and hold the correct dimensions, but if that's not the problem it would be a waste of money.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:06 AM