Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> pump power, now we're spinning
rhodyguy
post Jun 7 2003, 09:40 AM
Post #1

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

bit the bullet. i was not looking forward to pulling through the wire harness. remembered i removed the small fi return line. ran the wire through the grommet and followed the harness to a switched supply. a quantum leap, i spent the better part of 2 days trying to sort out the stock pump wire issue. sometimes the simplest route is the easiest. correct? hell no! works? hell yes. later guys.

krevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jun 7 2003, 10:16 AM
Post #2

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

i spent the better part of 2 days trying to sort out the stock pump wire issue. sometimes the simplest route is the easiest. correct? hell no! works? hell yes. later guys.

Probably don't have to mention this but, I hope you keep notes. Little details like that just kind of disappear for me then, if I really need it when something fails, it's "OH S**T how the F**K did I do that". Bang around, throw a couple of tools and generally be a complete ass until the light bulb goes on and I remember what I did.

I have a 3" ring binder with diagrams and notes on my FI project. I know I won't need all of that info but I don't what piece I'll need so I got it all. I still plan to throw some tools and cuss a little cause I'm sure when something busts I won't remember where the binder is.

I'm sure there is some Murphy's Law corrollary that applies to 914's and especially 914 owners. Something like if something is going to bust it will bust at the least opportune time (like in front of a bunch of 911 owners) and it will be the one thing that is most obvious you juryrigged. On top of that you won't have the right tool to fix it and one of the 911 guys will say " Looks like you need these pliers so you can fix that yellow wire that's attached to the red wire and the green wire. Never did understand how these things ever worked". And all you can think of to say is "thanks Asshole".

What a nightmare

Dave
+Quote Post
Jeff Krieger
post Jun 7 2003, 01:24 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 7 2003, 09:16 AM)
... Bang around, throw a couple of tools and generally be a complete ass until the light bulb goes on and I remember what I did.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) BTDT!
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Jun 7 2003, 03:22 PM
Post #4

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Long as you don't hit the car with anything its ok, dude. Makes you feel good too!

Geoff
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Jun 7 2003, 03:26 PM
Post #5

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Jeff Krieger @ Jun 7 2003, 11:24 AM)
QUOTE(DNHunt @ Jun 7 2003, 09:16 AM)
... Bang around, throw a couple of tools and generally be a complete ass until the light bulb goes on and I remember what I did.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) BTDT!

jeffred just throes tools around....light bulb must be burnt out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
jk
+Quote Post
Jeff Krieger
post Jun 7 2003, 03:50 PM
Post #6

Unregistered

QUOTE(acox914 @ Jun 7 2003, 02:26 PM)

jeffred just throes tools around....light bulb must be burnt out! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)  
jk

Throes tools around? Maybe you should get a refund on your edumacation. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
DNHunt
post Jun 7 2003, 05:34 PM
Post #7

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Member No.: 598

Actually, I have a nice door ding in the middle of driver's door caused by a 6 foot pipe clamp I was upset with. Wood working project wasn't going too well. Everytime I open that door I get mad at myself.

Stange how life gets even with you. I took the car to Dent Wizard to get it taken out. The guy says "no sweat". He work's on it for like an hour and finally says "I can't fix it and by the way I can't get that that funky pocket back on the inside of your door panel." So I throw it in the car and figure I'll put it back on at home. Turns out he pushed the speed nut things out of their sockets. So, put them back in and find out he crossthreaded the nuts. I had to retap them and get new allen bolts. Took me about 2 hours to get it back together with the trip to get new fasteners. Looks like I'll have to live with the stinkin dent and the reminder that getting mad doesn't pay. TEMPER, TEMPER, TEMPER. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)

Dave
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:55 AM