Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Heater, any solutions ?
IronHillRestorations
post Feb 26 2005, 09:49 AM
Post #21

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Joe,

I just read your tag line with "Ring of Fire". Know how that song was written? The guy mistakenly grabbed a tube of Ben-Gay instead of PreparationH (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914ghost
post Feb 26 2005, 10:22 AM
Post #22

BOB

Member No.: 1,387

I have an original Webasto in my 912, doesn't work so swell actually- but I think it sneeds come cleaning and tuning.
I've used dozens of gas heaters in many VW's I've had, the Stewart Warner models will melt a foot of snow off the roof of you car in minutes. I can build those blindfolded, but they take up some room. I think if you got an Eberspacher or Stewart Warner from a VW type3 or bug you could probably push the spare tire to one side where it usually sits and mount it in there. BUT! Those heaters can tend to get VERY VERY hot if you allow it to run for a long time- doubtful it would melt a tire, but it could damage it or anything else thats shoved right up against it. The center core of one I had installed in a VW bus would glow red typically..
The ticket would be the late 70's / early 80's eberspacher from a VW bus, they can bolt up on top of the tranny and are very flat and I bet you could plumb it into the cars heater tubes.
Bob O
+Quote Post
CHAFF
post Feb 26 2005, 12:13 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,749

While we're on the topic, does anyone have the Eberspacher Gas heater service manuals on soft copy? You see them on ebay all the time but you never know exactly what you're getting. Specifically, I'm looking for the BN2 setup procedures. If you google it there is a little bit of info/diags but not much.

-L
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 11:19 PM