Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sad day
nein14
post Jul 12 2015, 04:07 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 262

QUOTE(boogie_man @ Jul 12 2015, 02:23 PM) *

I feel sick !! Glad you're ok

Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Jul 12 2015, 04:11 PM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

That really sucks, such a nice car! Not sure where parts would need to be sent but a local guy here has a couple of r. front fenders (without flare but could source one) that you could start out with along with other pieces it looks like you need. I just texted him to let him know, see if he could help out. PM me if you need further help and sorry again for the shitty luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)
+Quote Post
nein14
post Jul 12 2015, 05:38 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Jul 12 2015, 03:11 PM) *

That really sucks, such a nice car! Not sure where parts would need to be sent but a local guy here has a couple of r. front fenders (without flare but could source one) that you could start out with along with other pieces it looks like you need. I just texted him to let him know, see if he could help out. PM me if you need further help and sorry again for the shitty luck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

Thanks
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 12 2015, 10:37 PM
Post #24

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Sad day indeed! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Check the chassis for sure. If closer I would be right over.

Just remember to get searching now for 3 comps and Excellence values before the insurance company arrives and hand the appraiser the information so you don't get a low ball offer the settle.
+Quote Post
nein14
post Jul 13 2015, 05:31 AM
Post #25

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 12 2015, 09:37 PM) *

Sad day indeed! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) Check the chassis for sure. If closer I would be right over.

Just remember to get searching now for 3 comps and Excellence values before the insurance company arrives and hand the appraiser the information so you don't get a low ball offer the settle.

Thanks for offer and the info
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 13 2015, 12:46 PM
Post #26

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Try an email to SoCal Andy on here. He might have some -6/GT parts leads, as well as for comps.

Glad you're OK!
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
nein14
post Jul 13 2015, 03:48 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jul 13 2015, 11:46 AM) *

Try an email to SoCal Andy on here. He might have some -6/GT parts leads, as well as for comps.

Glad you're OK!
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom, started sourcing parts today found a NOS OEM GT flare, and a possible right front fender assembly with the front cross member attached no rust real clean.

trying to get in touch with mcmark to see if he has a GT modified steel bumper with the oil cooler cut out non chrome because it will be painted red/black like the one that was on my car.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jul 30 2015, 07:50 PM
Post #28

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(nein14 @ Jul 13 2015, 04:48 PM) *

Glad you're OK!
Tom
///////

Thanks Tom, started sourcing parts today found a NOS OEM GT flare, and a possible right front fender assembly with the front cross member attached no rust real clean.

trying to get in touch with mcmark to see if he has a GT modified steel bumper with the oil cooler cut out non chrome because it will be painted red/black like the one that was on my car.

How is this progressing?
+Quote Post
nein14
post Jul 31 2015, 05:37 AM
Post #29

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 30 2015, 06:50 PM) *

Glad you're OK!
Tom
///////

How is this progressing?

Insurance company and the adjuster have been really good found a real clean fender front cross member and new GT factory flare
Tried to call mcmark from phone on his website to see if he has a GT bumper for sale haven't been able to get a hold of him
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Jul 31 2015, 05:48 AM
Post #30

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

You might try and PM Mark instead.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Jul 31 2015, 05:58 AM
Post #31

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(nein14 @ Jul 31 2015, 07:37 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Jul 30 2015, 06:50 PM) *

Glad you're OK!
Tom
///////

I think mcmark is in the middle of a move but i doubt its an item he has layig around.

How is this progressing?

Insurance company and the adjuster have been really good found a real clean fender front cross member and new GT factory flare
Tried to call mcmark from phone on his website to see if he has a GT bumper for sale haven't been able to get a hold of him

I think mcmark is in the middle of a move but i doubt its an item he has layig around. They are a very labor intensive item. I'm 99% sure the real GT's used fiberglass and repros are available. My car will be a road car so I'm going steel. Scotty B built a beutiful one for Cairo's car I bet he would build another if you threw him lots of money. I thought mcmark said he had 20 hours into conedodgers bumper. 20x$100 ? ...

Best of luck getting your car back on the road (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jul 31 2015, 07:36 AM
Post #32

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Yes, a steel one would be big $ but that's what you had before so....you should get that now. Might be worth the wait. Check Conedodger's thread on his. It's a work of art. If you wanted to go fiberglass I'm sure you know there are plenty of places who still make them:

Fiberglass GT Stuff

BTW is this the turbo car? One of the first really nice ones done? With the 924/944 turbo parts?
+Quote Post
nein14
post Jul 31 2015, 07:44 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(Chris H. @ Jul 31 2015, 06:36 AM) *

Yes, a steel one would be big $ but that's what you had before so....you should get that now. Might be worth the wait. Check Conedodger's thread on his. It's a work of art. If you wanted to go fiberglass I'm sure you know there are plenty of places who still make them:

Fiberglass GT Stuff

BTW is this the turbo car? One of the first really nice ones done? With the 924/944 turbo parts?

Yes this is the turbo GT
+Quote Post
Chris H.
post Jul 31 2015, 08:00 AM
Post #34

Member No.: 73
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Oh man (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) . Legendary car. Sorry to hear but glad you're insurance company is cooperating.

Keep posting and we'll help if we can!

BTW you would save some $ on the bumper vs the others done recently because yours would not be chromed. Quite a bit actually. The fiberglass bumper fitment would take a few hours to get right. They SUCK to install. Probably less than $1k between them in the end.

+Quote Post
JRust
post Jul 31 2015, 11:37 PM
Post #35

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Damn bud so sorry to see this. Been there a couple times myself. Although my last issue I can't blame anyone but myself. I feel for you as I've been there all to recently. Everyone here is such a help. We all feel like we got kicked in the nuts when we see threads like this. Looks like you are well on your way to getting it fixed right. Mine is back on the road again although still need to paint. Going to have to wait but I'll get there eventually. So will you & your car will be beautiful again. Stay positive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
nein14
post Aug 1 2015, 05:17 AM
Post #36

QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 31 2015, 10:37 PM) *

Damn bud so sorry to see this. Been there a couple times myself. Although my last issue I can't blame anyone but myself. I feel for you as I've been there all to recently. Everyone here is such a help. We all feel like we got kicked in the nuts when we see threads like this. Looks like you are well on your way to getting it fixed right. Mine is back on the road again although still need to paint. Going to have to wait but I'll get there eventually. So will you & your car will be beautiful again. Stay positive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Thanks (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
nein14
post Sep 16 2015, 07:17 AM
Post #37

The repair begins
Attached Image Attached Image o
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 03:11 PM