Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PCA Arizona Concours Oct 31 2015 in Phoenix Area
Tom_T
post Jul 16 2015, 01:37 PM
Post #1

TMI....

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

> EDITED for Date/Day Correction:

OK - I stand corrected - 10/31/15 is on Sat. - the AZ Region's website is using a RoW version of the calendar with Sat/Sun on the left. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

So you AZ folks don't feel left out - PCA Zone 8's Arizona Region Concours is coming up on Sat. Oct. 31 2015 in Carefree AZ in the NE Phoenix Metro Area. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Their "Flight 38" event info gives 10/30-31 dates, Fri & Sat.

AZ Region Calendar for Oct. 2015:
http://az.pca.org/events/2015-10/

Flight 38 Event Page: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) ?!?
http://az.pca.org/event/flight-38/

They will be adding their Reg. info here eventually: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
https://www.motorsportreg.com/orgs/pca/arizona

.... &/or here - select "Concours" at calendar & see if they add a hot link: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
http://www.zone8.org/calendar.php

Also - use the current 2015 Zone 8 Concours Rules & other docs at the link below, because the rules pdf link on their website are for the old 2013 rules - & some things have changed since then.

Go here instead, for up to date rules, judging guidelines, prep tips, etc. -
http://www.zone8.org/events/format/concours.php

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JRust
post Jul 16 2015, 01:44 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Wow Tom you must like these concours events. 3 separate thread's to announce them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) . Not really my thing but hopefully you'll get some teeners to show (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) . I'll be at Red Rocks but just Escelante
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jul 16 2015, 02:58 PM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(JRust @ Jul 16 2015, 12:44 PM) *

Wow Tom you must like these concours events. 3 separate thread's to announce them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) . Not really my thing but hopefully you'll get some teeners to show (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) . I'll be at Red Rocks but just Escelante

Remember Jaime - these are all basically just big Porsche Car Shows with some judged, some displayed & some out parking while folks visit. .... & it's actually 5 topic posts for these last 5-6 events.

I've been judging at them for several years now - even without my 914 resto ready to enter - so it gives me a chance to get out & see & crawl over-under-around-&-thru a bunch of cool Porsches! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

I'm trying to let folks know that the 914s are now well received by PCA members - contrary to the way it was in my early days witn my 914 in the 1970's - & that they're not all "pinky-finger with the tea cup" types at these events.

Most on here who decided to show up at the other events I posted so far this year - most with either a 918 or Carrera GT in attendance - really enjoyed themselves!

I decided to do one per event to keep anybody interested in them apprised, since many Teeners also go to see the cars & visit with PCA folks & others (since they're open to the public), & that most of these folks have a soft spot for our 914s - either having owned one or more, or know folks who did!

It seems like everybody likes to see the 914s come out, & what other 45+/- year old Porsches - or any other makes/models - are still DDs, as much as are our 914s!?

I'll just drop off my "immediate notices" on them when they're over & the pix are posted.

Also, I've been down sick with a summer flu & am boooored! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Jul 16 2015, 03:02 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Cave Creek- Carefree a great location! Will have to plan on being there and not in IA so I don't miss it. And I'll hopefully have the '73 914 out there by then...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:03 AM