Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Chevy Tahoe Forum?, Can't Find One
iiibdsiil
post Feb 27 2005, 12:30 AM
Post #1

Needs Door Locks

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,362

Well, I have a real bad feeling that the salesman is gonna try to screw me on my new Mustang. I didn't sign anything, so if he tries to bend me over then I will just walk, I am not in love with the thing. He said I have about two weeks left for it to come in, didn't seem pleased when I told him I wasn't working at the dealer anymore so I can't get the nice discount and asked him if I could get it at invoice instead. I feel like since I don't work there anymore he is gonna give me shit for my trade in, or rape me some other way. I'm not playing that crap.

So, in the event that I decide to walk, I am going to probably buy like a 2002 fully loaded Tahoe. I love the way those look so much, and as most you know, I HATE MY TRUCK that I have now.

I have the 914, will be fixed hopefully in no more than 30 days. So, I don't really need another sports car either. A nice SUV for the 220 mile trips home with those nice soft GM seats would be nice.

Sorry for the rant, just pissed off at the whole salesman sounding upset and whatever when I called on Friday.

So, does anyone know a website that I can pray will be half as good as this one that pertains to the Chevy Tahoes/GMC Yukons? I am trying to figure out if one year is better than the next, etc.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Feb 27 2005, 01:20 AM
Post #2

"Here Kitty Kitty" my ass......

Member No.: 2,039
Region Association: Spain

I don't know about a Tahoe forum, but we are very happy with our 2003 Tahoe. Runs great , comfortable, carries eight people. Got the 5.3 litre. I would highly recomend one. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
iiibdsiil
post Feb 27 2005, 01:41 AM
Post #3

Needs Door Locks

How many miles do you have on it? I assume little/no problems? I would be looking at getting one with probably 30K on it, give me a little time to warranty anything necessary.

Thanks for the reply.
+Quote Post
JB 914
post Feb 27 2005, 02:04 AM
Post #4

Daddy! Finish my car NOW!!!

Member No.: 2,831

QUOTE (iiibdsiil @ Feb 26 2005, 11:41 PM)
How many miles do you have on it? I assume little/no problems? I would be looking at getting one with probably 30K on it, give me a little time to warranty anything necessary.

Thanks for the reply.

I've got a 2001 that has about 65K on it. and i like it

Only problem i've had is with the ABS computer. Easy repair, but, $900 part (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)

Dealer said it was unusual to have that happen.

Other than that just routine maintanence.
+Quote Post
machina
post Feb 27 2005, 08:10 AM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 848

I always check this place out when I have a question about my 2001 Yukon XL.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/

+Quote Post
Allan
post Feb 27 2005, 09:20 AM
Post #6

Teenerless Weenie

Member No.: 2,304
Region Association: Southern California

I have a 2001 with 105,000k miles on it. I have had 2 problems with it since new. Rear a/c compressor quit and the water pump developed a leak at about 80,000k. I have driven the piss out of this thing during the last 4 years and have'nt really have any major complaints.
+Quote Post
736conver
post Feb 27 2005, 09:23 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 736
Region Association: None

I think there is a couple groups in Yahoo.
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Feb 27 2005, 09:25 AM
Post #8

Retired admin, banned a few times

Member No.: 5

I have an '03 Yukon....the On Board Vapor Recovery system Fuched up...was in conflict with the vaoper recovery at the gas pumps....kept clicking off....they had to replace the whole fuel tank system. Came close to telling them to stuff it under the lemon law...otherwise it's been fine.
+Quote Post
iiibdsiil
post Feb 27 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #9

Needs Door Locks

Thanks guys.
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Feb 27 2005, 12:04 PM
Post #10

iiibdsiil   Posted on Feb 26 2005, 11:41 PM How many miles do you have on it? I assume little/no problems? I would be looking at getting one with probably 30K on it, give me a little time to warranty anything necessary.

Thanks for the reply.

We have 35,000 miles on it, added a K&N air filter system, just put a set of Michilens on it. Only problem was the funny knock sound that is in the steering column, it's a recall that Chevrolet is working on, parts are back ordered. We bought it with the xm radio, wouldn't do without that in any future cars, and the dvd-tv, has wireless headphones, remote control, the kids love it on trips. Note on the radio, you can play two different stations at the same time, one in front and a different one in back. We also got the leather interior, I love it, my wife and daughter hate it, too cold when its cold outside, and too hot when it's hot outside, Oh well. I liked the ride better in the Tahoe that the Expedition. I just bought a 2004 Chev Siverado, very happy with that too. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Feb 27 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #11

That's what A/C and heated seats are for.....
+Quote Post
Lou W
post Feb 27 2005, 12:19 PM
Post #12

mikez   Posted on Feb 27 2005, 10:06 AM That's what A/C and heated seats are for.....

You're right, maybe they just like to complain. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/huh.gif)
+Quote Post
Joe Bob
post Feb 27 2005, 01:13 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Lou W @ Feb 27 2005, 10:19 AM)
mikez   Posted on Feb 27 2005, 10:06 AM That's what A/C and heated seats are for.....

You're right, maybe they just like to complain. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/huh.gif)

Go figure....I have three daughters....nothing but bitching...that's why I hide in my garage.... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)
+Quote Post
iiibdsiil
post Feb 27 2005, 03:23 PM
Post #14

Needs Door Locks

I agree with the better than an Expedition for sure. I have driven them at work and my ex had one. The seats are not that great. I just wanna be comfy!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 01:29 PM