Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New to the world of 914s...
JoeD
post Aug 10 2015, 09:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,973
Region Association: South East States

After months of research, reading, and searching, I've jumped into the world of 914 ownership. Bought a 1973 1.7l from a guy nearby, and being able to look the car over (and under and at the longs etc.) instead of a blind eBay purchase sure helped. Going in knowing what to look for gave me a lot more confidence, too, thanks to tons of research on this forum and others... so "Thanks!" to all on this site who helped me already without even knowing it!

It's in decent shape inside and out, and runs pretty well (now that all 4 cylinders are getting gas... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) ) but definitely needs some work... which is part of the plan. Not the original color. Not the original engine. But I think a fairly solid platform from which to start.

This car is meant to be an ongoing hobby for my 12-year-old son and me... hopefully he will learn some things about cars and life in general and we will have some great father-son time, all while we get our hands covered in grease.

Excited to be joining 914 World! It's quite a community, I can tell already...!

Anyway, here she is, with my boy riding shotgun:

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 04:02 AM