Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> eCommerce Announcement!!
Rusty
post Mar 1 2005, 04:39 PM
Post #21

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

QUOTE (GTeener @ Mar 1 2005, 04:11 PM)
You can't herd cats  ;)

Very true... this board proves that.

But why does every thread turn into "Miles is not real", or" Mike Z's ass crack", or "Howard and Slits are old", or "Aaron is queer" ?

Not that any of those things are bad in moderation... but geez... the OT stuff is at an all time high, even corrupting most on-topic, technical threads.

// open edit //

I know... I'm an evil supression-loving sumbitch, bent on mind control, enemy of freedom, secretly worshiping Nazis, and overall a fun-hater for even suggesting such a thing.

// close edit //

This post has been edited by Lawrence: Mar 1 2005, 04:42 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GTeener
post Mar 1 2005, 04:43 PM
Post #22

914 Girl

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,249
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 1 2005, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (GTeener @ Mar 1 2005, 04:11 PM)
You can't herd cats  ;)

Very true... this board proves that.

But why does every thread turn into "Miles is not real", or" Mike Z's ass crack", or "Howard and Slits are old", or "Aaron is queer" ?

Not that any of those things are bad in moderation... but geez... the OT stuff is at an all time high, even corrupting most on-topic, technical threads.

ADD (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Mar 1 2005, 04:47 PM
Post #23

I drive my car everyday

Member No.: 666

QUOTE (GTeener @ Mar 1 2005, 04:43 PM)
ADD

Well, at least you didn't write "adult" ADD. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/blink.gif)
+Quote Post
MecGen
post Mar 1 2005, 05:16 PM
Post #24

8 Easy Steps

Member No.: 3,421

Hi Lawrence
OT: I really want to say thanx to you and the other admins, and of course Andy. This site means a lot to me.
I am really stupid when it comes to the internet legallties,
but I am sure if you put a 5$ charge on the list of venders,
that would go to the admins, is this ecommerce ?, if its too complicated, just ask the venders to put a 5$
"hangling fee" that the guys that sell, pass on to you. This can easily be done by a buddy system, gentlemens agreement, at least it would pay for Andys next hardrive.
I would have gladdly pay 5$ more for my inner supports.
I have a full time job+, ecommerce sounds like another job.
Sit back, have a beer on me, no worries, you guys "can do no evil".
Thanx for the update.
Cheers
Joe

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/party.gif)
+Quote Post
ppickerell
post Mar 1 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #25

914 addicted

Member No.: 1,246

Lawrence,
Thanks for the ecommerce update. I appreciate the time and effort admins give away here. I hope that when revived, potential ecommerce fees can generate some revenue for covering the real costs of the site. I would also be willing to pay dues to be here but would also encourage that dues be voluntary so that those on "student" budgets can skate. I have 3 other close family members with 914's that hang here getting help with their projects so I will continue to support the site. Has anyone seen Pelikan's balance sheet? Maybe you guys can learn something from Wayne.

As far as hubs, who has a good design for hubs and how many will sell? I talked to Mike Mueller about hubs but I don't know if he or anyone else claims to "own" a design for them. I do not want to impinge on anyones designs or business ideas but if these things are needed and no-one else is set up for this, I will do it. I have been in machining for years and these things are not rocket science! It's material and machine time. If this design is "open" to the market send me a file and I will nail this thing fast.
+Quote Post
Hawktel
post Mar 1 2005, 08:56 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 506

The way I understand it, this site is Andy's website, and we all can post on it.

He's said a couple of times its not a problem, and money isn't a issue. If it is a issue in the future, I hope he will step up and say something.

If he does say something, I'm sure we can do a fund raising effort, and be fiscally sound for a period of time while the Ecomerce is revived and implimented.

I mean, look at that happened when he needed the server, I was out for 3 days and didn't even get a chance to drop a $20 on it, as I'd have liked to.

+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Mar 1 2005, 09:13 PM
Post #27

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

I'd gladly send in a couple hundred to whomever wants it to go toward the club...

+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Mar 1 2005, 09:36 PM
Post #28

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Lots of guys are just having fun I guess...

I respect and I thank all the admins and everyone involved in keeping up this website.. My guess is that techical questions will be at an all time high again soon because of the WCC. I know I havent been able to get to work on my car.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 02:48 PM