Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> In praise of Tangerine's shift linkage + precision shift adjuster
john77
post Aug 18 2015, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,027
Region Association: Southern California

Finally dialed my shifter in today after fitting the tangerine shift linkage, firewall bushing and precision shift adjuster. Holy shift improvements! The shift is solid and it 'locks' into every gear. It's a huge improvement and shifts through every gear with much more precision - so much so I got a little carried away and almost got a speeding ticket. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The precision shift adjuster I'm assuming was designed with some sort of black magic. When I first started the car the shift pattern was so far off to the right that I only had 2nd thru 5th. So I unbolted the adjuster and turned the worm gear clockwise. I'm watching it thinking, hmmm, it looks like nothing's happening. So I bolt it back up and what do you know, I have all 6 gears! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) It needed a little bit more finessing, but it basically took me 5 mins to get 2nd and 3rd dead on the centre line of the shifter for a clean back/forth 2nd/3rd shift.

Chris from Tangerine was very patient with my dumb questions, and very quick to get back to me when I needed help, so thanks for that. I'm really looking forward to testing this out at AX on Sunday.

Oh, and for anyone else that gets the precision shift adjuster, once the plastic gear is on the shift rod I found it very easy to move it back and forth to get it in the perfect position by slotting an open ended wrench over the shift rod and using it as a lever against the gear.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Aug 18 2015, 07:31 PM
Post #2

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(john77 @ Aug 18 2015, 09:24 PM) *

Oh, and for anyone else that gets the precision shift adjuster, once the plastic gear is on the shift rod I found it very easy to move it back and forth to get it in the perfect position by slotting an open ended wrench over the shift rod and using it as a lever against the gear.

Excellent suggestion! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
jim_hoyland
post Aug 24 2019, 04:12 PM
Post #3

Get that VIN ?

Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

I've had the P-adjuster a couple;e of years but hadn't need to use it. Now that the Tangerine Linkage kit is installed, I want to do a little fine tuning. I get all 6 gears OK, but the Rennshifter reverse lock-out isn't diverting a first to reverse throw over to second.
So: a couple of questions.
1. What size hex key does the P-adjuster take ?
2. Should my initial turns be counterclockwise or clockwise ?
3. How much does a half - turn move the rod ?
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Aug 25 2019, 07:13 AM
Post #4

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 24 2019, 05:12 PM) *

I've had the P-adjuster a couple;e of years but hadn't need to use it. Now that the Tangerine Linkage kit is installed, I want to do a little fine tuning. I get all 6 gears OK, but the Rennshifter reverse lock-out isn't diverting a first to reverse throw over to second.
So: a couple of questions.
1. What size hex key does the P-adjuster take ?
2. Should my initial turns be counterclockwise or clockwise ?
3. How much does a half - turn move the rod ?

1) 3/16"
2) clockwise first
3) half a turn will be too much if you already get all gears. An eight turn (45 deg) is a little more than one degree on the shift rod.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:10 AM