Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CF Getty decks, Delivery Schedule Update
Series9
post Mar 2 2005, 11:49 AM
Post #1

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,602
Region Association: South East States

Hi guys,

I just got off the phone with Neal at Getty. What a nice guy to take time out to talk to me about the delivery schedule.

Here's the deal: The decks need to spend some time at 190 degrees (f) in order to cure properly. With the recent strangeness in the weather in SoCal, that temperature has not been attainable. However, the decks have been in continuous production since the order was placed a few weeks ago and are simply waiting for a proper curing cycle prior to shipping.

I was informed that I was last on the list (No. 10), but that my decks should be available for shipping by April 1st. Logically, this would dictate that every one else's decks should ship by that date as well.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Mar 2 2005, 12:04 PM
Post #2

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

this has been my experience with them as well.

great parts, good prices for the quality, easy to work with, unable to achieve timely delivery.

i'll buy there again, but i won't ever expect parts under 60 days (about how long it took last time, even after i was quoted 5...)
+Quote Post
Series9
post Mar 2 2005, 01:50 PM
Post #3

Lesbians taste like chicken.

Member No.: 2,602

QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Mar 2 2005, 11:04 AM)
unable to achieve timely delivery.

i'll buy there again, but i won't ever expect parts under 60 days (about how long it took last time, even after i was quoted 5...)

I don't consider this untimely.

I was told when I placed the order 'five to six weeks'. I placed the order on February 15th and they will be shipping by April 1st. That's six weeks, and more importantly, it'll be before the WCC, so I'm happy.

It took three months to get CF decks out of GT Racing...
+Quote Post
ArtechnikA
post Mar 2 2005, 02:02 PM
Post #4

rich herzog

Member No.: 513
Region Association: None

QUOTE (914RS @ Mar 2 2005, 02:50 PM)
I was told when I placed the order 'five to six weeks'. I placed the order on February 15th and they will be shipping by April 1st. That's six weeks, and more importantly, it'll be before the WCC, so I'm happy.

It took three months to get CF decks out of GT Racing...

if that's the timeframe they quoted you, that's cool.
i still don't understand how it can take 5 weeks to lay up a decklid, but i do understand that the whole world is buying body parts for the racing season right now.

still - my suggestion is: call and get a tracking number on April 1.

GT Racing tried very hard to discourage me from buying a CF RS ducktail 2 years ago (they succeeded). they may still have production issues. but i can also see how an RS lid would be harder to lay up than a 914 decklid - more sharp corners and compound curves. and they didn't do that good a job with the FG...
+Quote Post
carr914
post Mar 2 2005, 06:43 PM
Post #5

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623

I talked to Neal today as well. Same info. There should not be much time difference between those in line. Also I will let you know about the CF RS Ducktail as I put that in my order as well.
T.C.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:37 PM