Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: Need Type-1 adv. How to checkout case?, lifter bores main journals- Jake, MarkH?
kafermeister
post Mar 3 2005, 10:34 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 174

Sorry for the OT post but I figure that if I can get this info for a Type1 I can use it to check out my Type4 case as well. Is there a cheat sheet somewhere that tells me how to check lifter bores and main journals to see if they're in tollerance. I've got a stock case with STD size main journal bores. I was going to reuse it but didn't want to put a whole bunch of new parts in a case that should be in the scrap heap. Looking for advice. The thrust is good and there's only a slight buildup of junk in the #2 journal.

Question 2. What's the difference in quality from the 'new' aluminum ($250) cases and the Brazilian '041' cases ($299)?

The long story and more details are below.

Thanks..Rick

Engine is a 1835 (I've had the 92s for a long time and I'm going to use them to get them off the shelf). Cam is a new FK8. Rockers are new 1.4/1 w/bolt together shafts. Heads are new (sitting on the shelf for a few years but new) CB Perf single spring 040's. Carbs are Dell 40s. I don't need blazing RPM so I was going to retain the single springs. Just a good street motor.

I had originally built this engine on the case in question. It has been sitting for years in the garage disassembled and has some very sight oxidation in the journals. The reason I took it apart in the first place is because the used 039 heads (think 1970s vintage) I was using had the valve train bound up and wore the cam flat. Like one loab is almost completely flat in 8k miles.

Engine is for the car in my avitar. Thanks folks.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:17 PM