Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Headlight Won't Go Down, Seeking Advice
andys
post Sep 6 2015, 05:18 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

The driver side headlight on my '75 914 won't go down when the switch is turned off. I tried probing around and found I can get it to go down by lightly pushing on the black sleeving that covers the green wire. I thought, ok, must be a broken wire, or a broken solder joint. I cut away the sleeving and I see what looks to be a capacitor (?).

I the accompanying photo, if I push on the capacitor lead adjacent to the motor terminal, I get nothing. If I push on the capacitor lead at the green wire, I get nothing. However, if I push on the capacitor lead close to its (black) body at the one o'clock side, the light goes down. I get nothing pushing on the seven o'clock side. Damaged capacitor perhaps?

I have a set of motors from a '72 or '73 (don't know if they work), but will I find the same capacitor under their sleeving? Would I be better off buying a new capacitor from the electronics supply? Does anyone know the value of the capacitor?

Thanks,

Andys

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 04:24 PM