Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Is my 914 retarded?, Decel issues
OU8AVW
post Sep 9 2015, 09:04 AM
Post #1

Yacht Rigger

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,601
Region Association: Southwest Region

I have a built 2056 with stock D-Jet set up based on a 1974 motor. I have it pretty dialed in and my air-fuel ratios are pretty sweet. I'm happy with how it runs, pulls and how fast it is. (It's pretty quick (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )

My next challenge is to sort out the deceleration issues. I have a decel valve installed but I am not sure that it's working or even plumed properly. I have a vacuum gauge on the way so I can test it accurately.

I understand that I should test the valve by revving to 3k and dropping back to idle while looking for vacuum to happen for a short period when the air intake closes.

I also see a vacuum fitting on the retard side of the distributor. I think that the die-on-decel issue comes from the AF mixture changing too quickly when the air intake is closed while the dizzy is still advanced from being revved at 3k. Is the retard side vacuum fitting used to counter act this tendency? Right now it's left open....

Thanks in advance, or retard, whichever is applicable (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 12:55 AM