Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 100th Indianapolis 500 - Meet-Up
indydad
post Oct 12 2015, 09:03 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 578

QUOTE(arsprod @ Oct 12 2015, 06:56 AM) *

QUOTE(stevegm @ Oct 12 2015, 10:47 AM) *

Thanks for the suggestions. AJ Foyt huh? Pretty cool. I don't really know of the new drivers. But, I'd love to bump into some of the old timers. If anyone wants to join us, we would love to do the museum Saturday morning, go to some of these hang outs in the afternoon and meet up for dinner with anyone that wants to hang out and talk/look at 914s Saturday evening.

It's a plan! I'll see if we can get the speedway to make it a sponsored 914teeners event! Jerry this means you have to get your car done by May!!

May of what year??????
I am making good progress though.

indydad
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Oct 12 2015, 09:10 AM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,633
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(indydad @ Oct 12 2015, 11:03 AM) *

Thanks for the suggestions. AJ Foyt huh? Pretty cool. I don't really know of the new drivers. But, I'd love to bump into some of the old timers. If anyone wants to join us, we would love to do the museum Saturday morning, go to some of these hang outs in the afternoon and meet up for dinner with anyone that wants to hang out and talk/look at 914s Saturday evening.

It's a plan! I'll see if we can get the speedway to make it a sponsored 914teeners event! Jerry this means you have to get your car done by May!!

May of what year??????

indydad

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) May 28, 2016 Mine still has no engine in, no interior, and a ton of reassembly. I should have joined the Challenge. I spent the weekend cleaning out the garage and cleaning parts to start to put it back together. We have to get it done by April to take it to Hershey. Then up to Indy.
+Quote Post
arsprod
post Oct 12 2015, 09:36 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 18,519
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(stevegm @ Oct 12 2015, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(indydad @ Oct 12 2015, 11:03 AM) *

May of what year??????

indydad

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) May 28, 2016 Mine still has no engine in, no interior, and a ton of reassembly. I should have joined the Challenge. I spent the weekend cleaning out the garage and cleaning parts to start to put it back together. We have to get it done by April to take it to Hershey. Then up to Indy.

My guess working in a carolinas garage in winter is a little more pleasant than in Indy!
+Quote Post
jfort
post Oct 12 2015, 12:05 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 652

Just bought tickets. I'll be there. Looking forward to meeting some members on Saturday, parking together, going to the museum, partying and then going to the race on Sunday.
+Quote Post
Java2570
post Oct 12 2015, 01:53 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 13,035

I may join for a Saturday get together but it's so far in the future, who knows what I'll be doing then. I end up working a lot of weekends, it seems. I do have a 2056 that I'm building that could feasibly be done and installed in time to drive my car but at the rate I'm going on it, I'm not sure. But, it would be fun to meet some Indy 914 owners anyway! Back in the late 80's-mid 90's, I worked at a commercial photo lab and we did all of the printing for IMS. During May, it wouldn't be unusual for me to work 80-90 hour weeks to get all the Speedway printing done. On race night, we had to work all night to get all the film processed (pre-digital) and contact sheets made and back to the track so they could get it ready for publication, etc. I even got to choose the shots used by IMS for the "milk shot," "winner's circle" and other things that IMS used. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the prints I did are still for sale in the museum gift shop. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun but totally burned me out on the 500.
After we went digital, I stopped doing as much daily print work for IMS but we did do quite a few larger format prints. I also ended up doing the Conseco/NASCAR signage for the Brickyard the one year Conseco fielded sponsored a car.... IMS had a huge Fan Fest display that we did all the signage for.....I now work for CNO Financial (formerly Conseco) doing digital printing of boring insurance policies/marketing materials.
Anyway, sorry for the long babble....maybe I'll see some of you guys there at the track in May, with or without my 914.
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Dec 7 2015, 03:50 PM
Post #26

Advanced Member

I got notice today that we got our tickets issued. Finally (we ordered them the day after Memorial Day). So I guess we are going. We are going to drive the 914 up and use it as a shake down trip for a longer trip we want to take next year. Anyone wanting to caravan from the Southeast let me know.
+Quote Post
jfort
post Dec 8 2015, 07:14 AM
Post #27

I'll be driving from NW Ohio. Hope we can get organized and meet somewhere.
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Dec 8 2015, 09:22 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 10,510
Region Association: None

Will Teo Fabi and the green Quaker State Porsche be in the grid? lol
+Quote Post
stevegm
post Mar 22 2016, 05:55 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member

I figured I would bump this, since it is only about 9 weeks away. Who wants to get together in Indy? Also, we will be driving up from Charlotte if anyone else is coming from the south. Maybe we can caravan.
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Mar 22 2016, 11:30 PM
Post #30

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

On the bucket list. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
arsprod
post May 11 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #31

Any plans about where/when to meet? Happy to make suggestions
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post May 11 2016, 10:47 AM
Post #32

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865

I'm not going to the race, but maybe able to drive down Saturday and meet up with you guys for lunch / dinner? You are only about 2 1/2 hours away.
+Quote Post
arsprod
post May 11 2016, 10:56 AM
Post #33

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ May 11 2016, 12:47 PM) *

I'm not going to the race, but maybe able to drive down Saturday and meet up with you guys for lunch / dinner? You are only about 2 1/2 hours away.

Cool! We should meet somewhere on Main Street in Speedway. Lots of restaurants and the place to be seen!!
+Quote Post
TM_Corey
post May 11 2016, 01:29 PM
Post #34

Member No.: 19,809

QUOTE(arsprod @ May 11 2016, 10:56 AM) *

Cool! We should meet somewhere on Main Street in Speedway. Lots of restaurants and the place to be seen!!

I'm in if it isn't during work. If you want to get out of Speedway (it will be crammed packed), a couple exits North there is a restaurant called the Boat House at 56th/High School Road that is pretty good. Fairly easy drive from Speedway.
+Quote Post
arsprod
post May 11 2016, 01:51 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(TM_Corey @ May 11 2016, 03:29 PM) *

QUOTE(arsprod @ May 11 2016, 10:56 AM) *

I'm in if it isn't during work. If you want to get out of Speedway (it will be crammed packed), a couple exits North there is a restaurant called the Boat House at 56th/High School Road that is pretty good. Fairly easy drive from Speedway.

Boat House Grill, never been but heard good things. You're right about Speedway - it'll be a zoo, but don't we wanna show off our teeners?!
+Quote Post
jfort
post May 11 2016, 02:37 PM
Post #36

I'll be there. I'll bring Teener if there is going to be a gathering.
+Quote Post
iamchappy
post May 11 2016, 02:52 PM
Post #37

It all happens so fast!

Member No.: 1,315

I was invited by Treadway Racing and Arie Luyendyk to attend, but i have way to many things going on, i had to decline yesterday, an opportunity lost.
+Quote Post
arsprod
post May 11 2016, 06:17 PM
Post #38

QUOTE(iamchappy @ May 11 2016, 04:52 PM) *

I was invited by Treadway Racing and Arie Luyendyk to attend, but i have way to many things going on, i had to decline yesterday, an opportunity lost.

Well I'll be happy to go for you!
+Quote Post
stevegm
post May 19 2016, 11:41 AM
Post #39

Advanced Member

I think we are going to go to the motor speedway museum Saturday afternoon. Then meet you all for dinner, wherever everybody wants to meet.
+Quote Post
arsprod
post May 26 2016, 01:44 PM
Post #40

QUOTE(stevegm @ May 19 2016, 01:41 PM) *

I think we are going to go to the motor speedway museum Saturday afternoon. Then meet you all for dinner, wherever everybody wants to meet.

If it's late afternoon or early evening works for me!
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 03:14 PM