Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> How does Bail work?
rick 918-S
post Mar 4 2005, 11:25 PM
Post #21

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Group: Members
Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE (jimtab @ Mar 4 2005, 09:17 PM)
Brad and or his lawyers can petition the court for an own recognizance bail, in other words, he and his friends can convince the court that he will return to appear he can be released on his own "bond" or his word that he will return.  The whole idea of bail has changed from feudal days when bond was a guarantee by your "lord" that their feifs would appear.  It has been 'transformed" so that these days unless the court has a strong, organized OR bail system, it probably won't happen.  That means that even if you are innocent and the charges are dropped before trial, you are made to pay at LEAST a 10 percent penalty for your "crime", and to a bunch of slimeball assholes no less.  My .02...I worked for two years for the San Francisco O. R. Bail Project and I'm proud to say got many people released w/o paying the bail extortion.  Even got Lawrence Ferlinghetti out once...pissed in a cop car window when he was pissed....

What can we do as a group to see this option is considered? Brad isn't going anywhere but back to work when he gets out.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
redshift
post Mar 5 2005, 12:04 AM
Post #22

Bless the Hell out of you!

Member No.: 869

The system works poorly.

M
+Quote Post
Kevin@ojai.net
post Mar 5 2005, 03:26 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 899

I just chipped in $50, I hope it helps!

-Kevin
+Quote Post
KevinP
post Mar 5 2005, 12:45 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 3,127

I told Karl this! Its a Califorina thing... You steal a car in Florida---say a Caddy SUV or a Hummer- get popped and walk on $2500 bail @ 10% for the bondsman=$ 250.00. I see it almost every day.

And the real sad part is that you can be accused by anyone,anytime, for almost anything. Sad system but the only one we have and thank God for Tort law if your wrongfully charged.

----------------------------
KP
+Quote Post
Gint
post Mar 5 2005, 02:46 PM
Post #25

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

This thread has gotten too specific. I had hoped it would stay generic. I'm gonna close it now.

If you want to show support, there are a couple of open threads where it would be appropriate to do so.

Thanks!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th May 2024 - 11:25 PM