Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what motor should I build, Got about $1500 Please help
hwgunner
post Mar 5 2005, 12:35 AM
Post #1

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,095
Region Association: None

Going to build a motor for one of my cars and I got about $1500 for the shortblock parts. A friend is going to help me put it together and I will work that $$$ out with him. Also have a set of DRLA 40's for the top. Have a spare 1.7 motor in the garage so I can scavange parts from that for no $$$. So now what should I build for the $1500 and how much power are we looking at. Could possibly go to $2000 if the HP/Torque gain is enough to make a difference. Or am I just a cheap bastard that is to cheap for his own good?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
markb
post Mar 5 2005, 12:53 AM
Post #2

914less :(

Group: Members
Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

Are the heads you're going to use in good condition? That was the first thing I'd be looking at. We can get you pistons/cyls (you know we have shelves full at the shop), but the heads need to be sent out to be reworked. Just doing my stock 1.7s was $$$.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 03:55 PM