Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 74 914 to sell
Valy
post Sep 18 2015, 01:07 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,573
Region Association: Northern California

I have a twin of your car.
The brown interior is rare and fixing those seats it's going to be difficult. In fact, rust and interior are the most expensive repairs. This will determine the selling price.
All the mechanical issues are easy and cheap to deal with.
If you're going for originality, then the wheels and exhaust will need to go.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Valy
post Sep 18 2015, 01:09 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 11,573
Region Association: Northern California

Where is the car?
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Sep 18 2015, 01:12 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 19,161
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(Valy @ Sep 18 2015, 03:07 PM) *

I have a twin of your car.
The brown interior is rare and fixing those seats it's going to be difficult. In fact, rust and interior are the most expensive repairs. This will determine the selling price.
All the mechanical issues are easy and cheap to deal with.
If you're going for originality, then the wheels and exhaust will need to go.

I'm not concerned with originality my self. I was hoping to drive and enjoy it. But alias I am just to big. I'm going to sell it so someone can enjoy it. i am enjoying tinkering with it so I want to get it as nice as I can without to much time and effort.
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Sep 18 2015, 01:15 PM
Post #24

QUOTE(Valy @ Sep 18 2015, 03:09 PM) *

Where is the car?

It is Michigan now. However it has spent the last 15+ years in Arizona. I just brought it back last week.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Sep 18 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #25

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

If the trunk is the worst rust in the car, then it's a great starting point for someone. If it's running the price goes up dramatically
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Sep 18 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 18 2015, 10:45 PM) *

If the trunk is the worst rust in the car, then it's a great starting point for someone. If it's running the price goes up dramatically

It runs and drives great. well will again when I replace fuel pump. Trunk is only bad spot rest is really good and solid. motor was completely gone through and fairly low miles on clutch. It went through a semi restoration in 94 at SADCO in LaPlume PA.
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Sep 21 2015, 10:14 AM
Post #27

Here are pics. Lets say the Before pics. they are just as I got the car. It will be cleaned up and in top running condition when I get ready to sell it.

http://s430.photobucket.com/user/mckeedad6...rt=3&page=1
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Oct 7 2015, 09:17 AM
Post #28

Well guys I have the car running and it runs great. Drove it around a little and it shifts good. trans seems nice and tight didn't feel any slop in the shiftier and goes through all gears as it should. It was fun to drive but I'm too big for it. I am going to put it in the classified section and see what happens. Thanks for all the help and info you guys have given. You are a great bunch of guys. Special thanks to Harpo for coming out and checking it out for me. Going to leave trunk for new owner. If it don't sell I will fix it later. Thanks again guys.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Oct 7 2015, 11:38 AM
Post #29

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(mckeedad6 @ Oct 7 2015, 08:17 AM) *
Well guys I have the car running and it runs great. Drove it around a little and it shifts good. trans seems nice and tight didn't feel any slop in the shiftier and goes through all gears as it should. It was fun to drive but I'm too big for it. I am going to put it in the classified section and see what happens. Thanks for all the help and info you guys have given. You are a great bunch of guys. Special thanks to Harpo for coming out and checking it out for me. Going to leave trunk for new owner. If it don't sell I will fix it later. Thanks again guys.
Sorry it didn't work out for you because these are a lot of fun. In any event, one doesn't necessarily NEED to have a 914 to be a part of the group here. Many of us have them, but they're on jack stands a lot, so it's almost like not having one anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Maybe a Boxter might be a better fit? ... it's just a more modern 914 ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Oct 7 2015, 11:56 AM
Post #30

I am going to stay connected to the forum. I may look for other 914 to tinker on. It has been fun tinkering on this one and it is a blast to drive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) It is just very impractical for my size. Ya never know if my uncle doesn't get what he wants maybe I'll have it around for a while and loose some weight and I'll fit a little better. Ya never know. I do love this forum and all the info it provides.
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Oct 7 2015, 12:05 PM
Post #31

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346

QUOTE(mckeedad6 @ Sep 18 2015, 03:15 PM) *

QUOTE(Valy @ Sep 18 2015, 03:09 PM) *

Where is the car?

It is Michigan now. However it has spent the last 15+ years in Arizona. I just brought it back last week.

mckeedad6
Michigan guy here!! Everyone's giving good advice, keep it before you make an emotional mistake. I am not that far away, we have lots of 914's around here to help you.
BTW: McMark is moving his 914 operations to Grand Rapids, MI fro CA. He is the answer to your problem issues getting your 914 road worthy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
Send me a PM and I'll respond if interested.
Tom

+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 8 2015, 12:28 AM
Post #32

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mckeedad6 @ Oct 7 2015, 10:56 AM) *

I am going to stay connected to the forum. I may look for other 914 to tinker on. It has been fun tinkering on this one and it is a blast to drive. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) It is just very impractical for my size. Ya never know if my uncle doesn't get what he wants maybe I'll have it around for a while and loose some weight and I'll fit a little better. Ya never know. I do love this forum and all the info it provides.

Sounds like you may be coming down with the sickness. Yes these cars are fun. Depending on where you are at with this you may want to wait til spring to sell it. It should fetch a better price, like motorcycles. That and they aren't making any more of them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Oct 8 2015, 12:57 AM
Post #33

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

GLWTS (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Oct 8 2015, 01:55 PM
Post #34

Yea at this point I am waiting for a part for the door handle then I can put door pad on and list it. I gotta show my uncle I'm trying to move it for him. I guess i'll see what happens. If I have to store it all winter I'll definitely fix the trunk issue for the next owner.
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Oct 8 2015, 01:56 PM
Post #35

QUOTE(RobW @ Oct 8 2015, 02:57 AM) *

Thanks Rob
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Oct 26 2015, 12:12 PM
Post #36

Ok guys this car is driving me nuts. I Love driving it. I'm still big for it but I'm learning to fit in it. I'm trying to talk my uncle into keeping it but he seems determined to sell it and I just don't have the cash to buy it from him. At this point I think I might have to sit on it till spring. He is thinking $10,000 but I don't know how realistic that is. Harpo looked at it and thought that might be high. Any thoughts from you guys is appreciated. Maybe some arguments for me to use on why he should keep it and just let me have it.
+Quote Post
iwanta914-6
post Oct 26 2015, 12:24 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 10,510
Region Association: None

The only way to know how realistic $10k is, is to list it at $10k (or higher) and see if anyone bites or makes an offer near that. Personally, looking at the pictures, I don't see it being a $10K car but prices seem to be all over the map with clean cars going for $20K+.

Maybe if he doesn't get any offers close to $10K, he'll consider dropping the price to something that you can afford or allow you to make payments to him.

I will tell you, I regret not buying my Dad's 951 when he offered it to me for $10K...
+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Oct 27 2015, 02:03 AM
Post #38

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I'd say talk your uncle into keeping it for you and make payments if he'll do that, then park it and use it for inspiration to meet your health goals! Hell, ladies put pictures of dresses and all kinds of stuff on their refrigerators as a goal keeper- why not a 914 for you?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Oct 28 2015, 08:22 AM
Post #39

Ok guys. Here is the deal. Talked to my uncle yesterday and dosent sound like he is really wanting to sell it that bad. Soooo I made a deal with him for the short term anyway. I am going to slowly restore the car and plate and insure it. he comes to Michigan once or twice a year in the summer so I will keep it here and keep it running and driving and he can drive it whenever he comes up. He figured he dosent really need the money. His bigest problem was storing it and he has no place to tinker with it, Gotta love HOAs, So looks like I will be keeping it for a while. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
mckeedad6
post Oct 28 2015, 08:28 AM
Post #40

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Oct 27 2015, 04:03 AM) *

I'd say talk your uncle into keeping it for you and make payments if he'll do that, then park it and use it for inspiration to meet your health goals! Hell, ladies put pictures of dresses and all kinds of stuff on their refrigerators as a goal keeper- why not a 914 for you?! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

That,s a great Idea I am going to do that. Especially now that I am able to keep the car around.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:24 AM