Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mechanic help in DFW
mr2by4
post Oct 15 2015, 10:01 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,439
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Oct 14 2015, 07:42 PM) *

Darn, I didn't knew about Zims swap meet, I'm in the Charlotte area on business.
Let us know on the engine swap.
I'm in Keller

817 715 3436

If you think that you could make it on Nov 21. That is the plan for the swap party. I may get my car together, but at the least its an excuse for a party!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cody914
post Oct 15 2015, 06:46 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 14,707

If you have Clay going then you are in great hands and will probably get a whole lot more done than you would ever expect! I will try to make it out too and lend a hand as well. I think Clay could probably pull the engine blind folded, maybe we should test him and see... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
mr2by4
post Oct 15 2015, 07:35 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 8,439

QUOTE(Cody914 @ Oct 15 2015, 04:46 PM) *

If you have Clay going then you are in great hands and will probably get a whole lot more done than you would ever expect! I will try to make it out too and lend a hand as well. I think Clay could probably pull the engine blind folded, maybe we should test him and see... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Let's hope that my date works with Clay's schedule. If not, maybe I should reschedule! I will find out for sure this weekend at the swap meet.
How late does that usually run? If I can't get by until after lunch is it a loss? I usually try to get there super early but this year I don't think that I can.
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Oct 17 2015, 06:40 AM
Post #24

Member No.: 1,419

Let me check my schedule. Scratch that, let me check the kids schedules. I'll try to come out as well. I'm in Mansfield, so not too far. What all do you need part wise? Maybe I have some things on hand.
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Oct 17 2015, 07:19 PM
Post #25

Well that was easy...I'm in.
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Oct 17 2015, 10:17 PM
Post #26

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Oct 15 2015, 08:35 PM) *

QUOTE(Cody914 @ Oct 15 2015, 04:46 PM) *

Let's hope that my date works with Clay's schedule. If not, maybe I should reschedule! I will find out for sure this weekend at the swap meet.
How late does that usually run? If I can't get by until after lunch is it a loss? I usually try to get there super early but this year I don't think that I can.

Wow! Cody has a lot of faith in me........

I can't do it blindfolded, but I can certainly get it done quickly. If you want, we can make this a tech session on how to remove and reinstall a 914 motor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Anyone have a camera we can setup? If you have good bandwidth, we can live stream it so everyone on here can watch.
+Quote Post
Rob-O
post Oct 17 2015, 11:26 PM
Post #27

I have a nice DSLR, but can't really stream with that.

Also, if you want to spend more time on the car and less in front of a grill, let me know. I can bring pizza (own a pizzeria here in Mansfield).

After your car, in going to try this. My car looks great, needs work. It runs like total crap, 009 distributor, not timed correctly and has a crappy single barrel carb. Plus a ton of exhaust leaks and a (too loud for me) Sebring exhaust system. Not to mention I need to replace the clutch cable and replace the MC. But I'm in the same boat, no time!!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 12:17 PM