Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Painted into a corner, Need advice on how to do it
worn
post Oct 11 2015, 04:44 PM
Post #1

can't remember

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,152
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hi to all, especially you experts with a spray gun. I know who some of you are, and you know whom the other are.

I have now painted a few cars and since I stick to single stage and can color sand, it has worked out pretty well. Especially the easy parts.

What I haven't figured out is how to deal with inside corners. I understand that physics is against me, in that a ball or beam of light hitting a ninety degree inside corner wil come straight back at the sender. On inside corners, I sometimes cannot get coverage unless I settle for granular balls of paint that settle in the region. Tightening the pattern by closing the side jets that make the brush pattern for the gun seems to help as does using the smallest gun possible. I suspect though that expert advice would be better than my muddling through. Winter is closing in fast, so you have till spring to answer. Still, realistically you will have forgotten long before that, so please help me now instead.
I am using bare metal, covered with DP50, followed by K36 sanded, followed by Deltron. It is Bahia red, so it looks pretty much like a major crime scene when the paint is flowing. Thanks folks!! You are amazing people.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 03:05 AM