Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Leopard II engine????????
Gearren
post Mar 8 2005, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,362

I was looking around on the internet for rebuild engines and came upon importmotor.com and they have 2.0 high performance engines, does any one know about these engines. Are they reliable, has any one used one, and what is the hp?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Mar 8 2005, 03:16 PM
Post #2

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

RUN FAR....RUN FAST..... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif)
+Quote Post
Gearren
post Mar 8 2005, 03:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 2,362

no good? What about the 2270cc type 4 engine from the type 4 parts store, are they good reliable engines, if so, what is the hp?
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Mar 8 2005, 03:25 PM
Post #4

Not another one!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,743

The people here who've actually seen this shop's work haven't been too impressed. I suspect you'll get an engine that runs, and may even run well enough to use as an interim engine while you get your "real" engine built.

The stuff from the Type 4 store is Jake Raby's stuff, and it's good. Do a search here, and you'll see Mr. Raby himself posts here regularly. He also has a forum on shoptalkforums.com. Expect about 140-150hp from the 2270.
+Quote Post
fatlando
post Mar 8 2005, 03:54 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,700

i was wondering the same thing.....I to had dreams of rebuilding my engine, but then i realized (thanx to the group) that I needed a butt - load more of money.

Is Type IV's stuff ready to go? I'm so not a mechanic, but am willing to learn.

Is the bremerton breakfast still on?

fat lando (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif)
+Quote Post
machina
post Mar 8 2005, 04:12 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 848

QUOTE (lapuwali @ Mar 8 2005, 04:25 PM)
The people here who've actually seen this shop's work haven't been too impressed. I suspect you'll get an engine that runs, and may even run well enough to use as an interim engine while you get your "real" engine built.

The stuff from the Type 4 store is Jake Raby's stuff, and it's good. Do a search here, and you'll see Mr. Raby himself posts here regularly. He also has a forum on shoptalkforums.com. Expect about 140-150hp from the 2270.

You are mixing up steve stromberg's store with Jakes store.

Steves is www.type4parts.com and Jakes is

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/store/home.php

I know that Jake pretty much lives in his dyno cel and tests everything he sells as a package or as he likes to say, "combo"
+Quote Post
bd1308
post Mar 8 2005, 04:13 PM
Post #7

Sir Post-a-lot

Member No.: 3,501

like a large fry and cheeseburger combo (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post
lapuwali
post Mar 8 2005, 04:26 PM
Post #8

Not another one!

Member No.: 1,743

QUOTE (synthesisdv @ Mar 8 2005, 02:12 PM)
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Mar 8 2005, 04:25 PM)
The people here who've actually seen this shop's work haven't been too impressed.  I suspect you'll get an engine that runs, and may even run well enough to use as an interim engine while you get your "real" engine built.  

The stuff from the Type 4 store is Jake Raby's stuff, and it's good.  Do a search here, and you'll see Mr. Raby himself posts here regularly.  He also has a forum on shoptalkforums.com.  Expect about 140-150hp from the 2270.

You are mixing up steve stromberg's store with Jakes store.

Steves is www.type4parts.com and Jakes is

http://www.aircooledtechnology.com/store/home.php

I know that Jake pretty much lives in his dyno cel and tests everything he sells as a package or as he likes to say, "combo"

Jake is also behind "type4store.com". I missed the word "parts" in the previous post. Yes, Steve runs "type4parts.com", and Jake runs "type4store.com".

I've heard nothing but good about Jake's stuff, and next to nothing about Steve's stuff.
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Mar 8 2005, 05:59 PM
Post #9

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

All my engine kits (at www.type4store.com) are based from my most universal, easiest to assemble combinations that we have developed over time and proven on the dyno to be efficient.

When a kit is purchased from my store you get much more than any normal parts source can offer because we do ALL the work in house including balancing.

My kits come with all the parts to build a longblock,(you just need a core engine from 1700-2.0 liter) my engine rebuild video and one hour of phone assistance from me personally to get you through the tough parts of assembly (setting CR and rocker geometry especially).

This kit takes all the guesswork out of design and assembly. Many people have attempted to equal the 2270 I have developed but none have been anywhere near successful.

All 2056 and larger kits come with BRAND NEW heads with Len's awesome port work coupled to the correct camshaft and other parts that we KNOW work together.

My intro offer on the engine kits is over Thursday.

Feel free to phone or email me with questions.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:05 AM