Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Pedal cluster, Bdstone
dcecc1968
post Oct 30 2015, 07:37 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,313
Region Association: South East States

I had my pedal cluster done by Bruce a month ago.... couldn't be happier, great service and timely, but even more important a great guy... being a little green, he helped walk me through some removal/installation tips.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Oct 30 2015, 08:23 AM
Post #22

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

over the past few years ive gotten a lot of stuff from Bruce. Right now I have some targa latches and gauge frame coming, but he also did my A-arms, rear trailing arms and brake dust shields, which were all powder coated by him and look brand new. I also got my 5 lug hubs with studs pressed into them from him for my 5 lug conversion! Really anything you need redone he can have done for you as far as powder coating and zinc plating.
Thanks Bruce!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 30 2015, 11:28 PM
Post #23

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

Wow. crap i just saw this thread. Looks like everyone gave the right answers regarding the service. If Ihave the parts on hand i can build one as soon as needed including next day service. I do all air cooler 911, 912, and 911. Most are $200 with a decent core and $250 for the 911 with the side spring as the parts are higher in cost. I can restore you same set but it will taje a while as i do the sand blasting, plating and powder coating in batches to keep costs down.
I love rebuilding them. I know shops cant touch my proce but most of them would rather charge the going labor rate and make more money them selves.

Thanks for all of the compliments. It is nice to know how many nice caes have my pedal sets in them.
Looking at doing special sets for carbed cars to work with the hand throttle like was used on the 6's. 914 Rubber offers the hand throttle setup.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Oct 31 2015, 06:17 AM
Post #24

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 31 2015, 01:28 AM) *

Wow. crap i just saw this thread. Looks like everyone gave the right answers regarding the service. If Ihave the parts on hand i can build one as soon as needed including next day service. I do all air cooler 911, 912, and 911. Most are $200 with a decent core and $250 for the 911 with the side spring as the parts are higher in cost. I can restore you same set but it will taje a while as i do the sand blasting, plating and powder coating in batches to keep costs down.
I love rebuilding them. I know shops cant touch my proce but most of them would rather charge the going labor rate and make more money them selves.

Thanks for all of the compliments. It is nice to know how many nice caes have my pedal sets in them.
Looking at doing special sets for carbed cars to work with the hand throttle like was used on the 6's. 914 Rubber offers the hand throttle setup.

I would buy one of those special sets as soon as it's offered. Thanks
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Oct 31 2015, 06:25 AM
Post #25

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 31 2015, 05:17 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 31 2015, 01:28 AM) *

I have a /6 conversion that could use that mod... you already bling'd it though...
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 31 2015, 09:13 AM
Post #26

bdstone914

[/quote]
I have a /6 conversion that could use that mod... you already bling'd it though...
[/quote]

If i can get enough core parts I could sell the accelerator cranks with the tab for the hand throttle. Going to see if i can work out an arrangement with 914 Rubber to sell a pedal set or accelerator crank with the tab when he sells the hand throttle setup.
I am interested in any accelerator cranks, clutch shafts, and brake light switches members are willing to part with. Buy trade or credit. I will buy core pedal sets. it is the little parts i need. Housings can be shot.
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Oct 31 2015, 10:56 AM
Post #27

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

[quote name='bdstone914' date='Oct 31 2015, 11:13 AM' post='2259221']
[/quote]
[/quote]

If i can get enough core parts I could sell the accelerator cranks with the tab for the hand throttle. Going to see if i can work out an arrangement with 914 Rubber to sell a pedal set or accelerator crank with the tab when he sells the hand throttle setup.
I am interested in any accelerator cranks, clutch shafts, and brake light switches members are willing to part with. Buy trade or credit. I will buy core pedal sets. it is the little parts i need. Housings can be shot.
[/quote]
Bruce - can you show pics of the specific items you need for core parts. I'll get them together and ship when I know exactly what they are. Thanks
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Oct 31 2015, 11:41 AM
Post #28

bdstone914

Mark,
i am traveling so i can not take pictures of the exact parts.
1. accelerator crank that the accelerator cable and accelerator rod which also goes into the gas pedal.

2 clutch shaft which the clutch cable connects to. Preferably that do not have oblong worn holes for the clutch clevis bushing.

3 brake light switch that mounts on the pedal housing.

4 brake rod that mounts on the brake pedal and pushes on the master cylinder.
+Quote Post
r_towle
post Oct 31 2015, 12:19 PM
Post #29

Custom Member

Member No.: 124
Region Association: North East States

So I can buy one, pay a core charge then get the core charge back when I send you mine?

For me, then it's a few hours of down time instead of days/weeks

I don't get out there too often.....so weeks could happen.
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Nov 1 2015, 01:35 AM
Post #30

bdstone914

QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 31 2015, 11:19 AM) *

So I can buy one, pay a core charge then get the core charge back when I send you mine?

For me, then it's a few hours of down time instead of days/weeks

I don't get out there too often.....so weeks could happen.

Yes. Pay core charge, get rebuilt pedal set, go in once and swap out, send back old set, job done. just check with me first. I am out of town and will be backed up when i get back. Need to buy some bushings and springs. Have enough finished parts to build about 5 right now.

Also spoke with Mark at 914 rubber. We are working out details to make accelerator cranjs with tabs available with his hand throttle sets and for me to get some of the tabs to make up finished pedal sets to work with the hand throttle setup.
+Quote Post
Harpo
post May 3 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #31

Member No.: 13,469
Region Association: None

Good afternoon Bruce,

What ever became of this project? I just purchased a hand throttle from Mark and now I need a modified bell crank.

Thanks

David
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post May 3 2016, 06:49 PM
Post #32

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704
Region Association: Southern California

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:54 AM