Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 5 lug conversion planned!, sweetness!
Aaron Cox
post Jun 11 2003, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

well, my stock front suspension needs to be rebuilt. so i figure what the heck why not. my plan is to accumulate parts in advance. i talked to german auto dismantlers (i think that was them) and asked for a price on an early 911 front suspension. i was quoted 200 for a "rough one". i need to buy Torsion bars and shocks as it is, so why not put that money into a "rough" 911 front. i figure i dont need used struts and stuff, just the brakes and rotors....ill replace t bars, and shox

what i need to know is:
*someone said early 911 struts are interchangeable with 914's? is this so?
if so: ill put new struts in my car now, and carry them over to the 911 front at the time of install/switch
* how much are my 2.o liter fuchs alloys worth? original, no curb rash on most. have 5 of them
*911 fuchs go for about 100-125 apiece
*what size wheels should i look for, on my stock fendered 914. 15x6? 16x6?
*how hard is it to restud stub axles? cost?
*this front setup will give me 911 M calipers w/ vented discs right?
* i need to use 914-6 rear dics right?

the only downside to this conversion other than cost is, my rotors and brakes are all redone as of last year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 12:10 PM