Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anyone Feel like a weekend at the beach?:), Clutch Tube needs some help. Please :)
Eric Taylor
post Mar 11 2005, 01:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 770

Alright so heres the deal, a week from today i'm gona be home for spring break to work on the 914, and my biggest hold up has to be the broken clutch tube. I've got no welding skills, but i've got money, food, a spare room to stay in etc for anyone who want's to come down to newport for the weekend. Anyones help suggestions etc on the car would be greatly appreaciated. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
Eric
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Brad Roberts
post Mar 11 2005, 04:33 PM
Post #2

914 Freak!

Member No.: 8
Region Association: None

If you can find someone that welds in your area.. we can walk them through the fix. You need a heat gun/small mirror/drill/drill bits/mig welder. I have shot enough pics and posted several times on how to do it in the past. Do like the cops do and print off the threads with pics and get me on the phone when you have somebody ready to weld (not before). Whatever you do... DO NOT allow anyone to cut into the center tunnel for access to the front of the tube. You need to check and see if the rear portion of the tube is cracked/broken at the firewall. Go ahead and clean that area VERY well so you can see even the smallest hairline cracks.

B
+Quote Post
Eric Taylor
post Mar 11 2005, 07:24 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 770

hey brad sounds good and thanks for being so great to me! what's your number?
Eric
+Quote Post
Jeffs9146
post Mar 12 2005, 10:47 AM
Post #4

Ski Bum

Member No.: 128

I've got no welding skills

Watch your gas line when welding the tube!!!! I didn't drain all of the gas out when I was a young lad welding mine! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/headbang.gif)

"FIRE (hea hea.....hea) FIRE (hea) He said FIRE" (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)

What a mess!!

Jeff
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 01:57 PM