Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Trunk lid torsion bar question
partwerks
post Nov 19 2015, 07:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,787

My mechanic removed the trunk lid torsion bars, and I have never myself removed, or installed them.

Anyway, I sold them on Ebay.

Are all the torsion bars the same for all 914's?

Is there any way they can be confused, and installed wrong?

Aren't they lefts, and rights, the only difference between them?

They were the ones original to the car (1975) for the last 40 years and worked, and no other bars from off any other car were involved, so the following paragraph is from the person whom purchased them saying that only one bar fit, so I was thinking maybe they don't know how to intall them??

They write:
I purchased two (2) Porsche 914 Rear Trunk Torsion Bars from seller. Only one (1) of the items that arrived fit a Porsche 914. I cannot identify the other piece and it does not fit my car. Install requires two(2) Rear Trunk Torsion Bars. I am requesting a return authorization and my money refunded ($35.00 + my shipping costs which will probably be approx. $12.00)

Attached Image

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
partwerks   Trunk lid torsion bar question   Nov 19 2015, 07:14 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:53 AM