Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> ya hoooooooo, it moved on its own power, and boy did it move
scotty914
post Mar 11 2005, 10:08 PM
Post #1

suby torque rules

Group: Members
Member No.: 924

well the 914 moved on its own power tonight, made 2 laps around the storage lot, about 250 yards down each side. as of right now i did not have either the fire wall shift bushing in ( could not get it in need to pull rod ) or the shift bushing at the tranny ( forgot to put it in ). so i put her in third, because i could not get second or first. and the throttle cable hook up is temp. but she moved out in 3 ok just a slugish at low rpms. but on the second lap i came around the corner at about 20 mph, and stepped on it, at about 35 or so mph it came on to the torque and launched. i would say in 150 yards it got up to 60 to 70 mph ( did not look ) in about 3 seconds. the excelleration reminds me of an early 90 rx7 TT i drove once. the torque just pulled smooth as heck till i had to let off of it. i would say its 3 times as fast as the 1.8 that it had in it.

i also found out after 18 months i need to bled the brakes

tomarrow i will button up the throttle cable, modify the exhaust hanger, fix the shifter issues, and some other stuff
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 07:25 PM