Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Arizona 914 Owners and SLITS, I am creating a contact list for events.
gregrobbins
post Mar 13 2005, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Member: Team NARP

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,844
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hi, I am creating a contact list that can be used to let Arizona 914 owners know of events and activities that are 914 related. Many of you I already have on my list (Bill, Brian, Guy, Jason, Gerard, John, Travis, Brad, Ernie, Ron, etc.)

If you don't see your name and you would like to be notified of gatherings, rallys and runs, please add to this tread or contact me by PM or email.

Also, trying to see if there is interest in a Route 66 run to meet up with 914 owners from Nevada and SoCal in June.

Finally, How about a breakfast run on the 3rd of April. (Reminder, PCA has an autocross scheduled for April 10-still time to sign up).

Slits, even though you live in the land of excess and air pollution, you are grandfathered in as an Arizonian because you made the effort to join us for the Toys for Tots breakfast in December.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Mar 13 2005, 12:14 PM
Post #2

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

Thanks.... Tried to make Targa-Aid to, but it just wasn't to be.

Route 66 sounds like a winner...will have to do some planning.....beats looking at hopped up chevys and fords in Pomona.

April breakfast is prolly out at this time, but........
+Quote Post
Flat VW
post Mar 13 2005, 01:30 PM
Post #3

Illegal Soapbox Derby Racecar

Member No.: 3,105

Hello Greg, SLITS, et al, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)

Please find the photos of the "recon run" Laurie and I made last weekend from Williams AZ. to Oatman Az. along sections of Route 66. As you will see we had "a little weather". (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

The snow/ caboose photos are from the Canyon Motel just east of Williams.

The best section of the old Route in my opinion are from Seligman to Oatman. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) I think these sections are the best because they are long and the pavement was in good shape.

The drive from Kingman to Oatman is twysty to say the least, much like Jerome/ Mingus Mountian, this path was certainly an old stagecoach trail. There are nearly no guardrails along this road which we ended up driving at night so I believe we missed some great views along this part of the trail.

Type to you soon,

John

Route 66 Photos
+Quote Post
ThinAir
post Mar 13 2005, 02:39 PM
Post #4

Best friends

Member No.: 231

The April 3 breakfast is probably out for me, but I'm planning for the Route 66 run in June. Despite my missteps that have impeded my car progress, I should be on the road before then (the latest is that I forgot to get the flywheel & pulley seals so I have to wait to get them before proceeding).

Loved the pictures! I can hardly wait for the run. Was there much traffic or can we probably expect to do the Oatman-Kingman run with little traffic to worry about?
+Quote Post
azbill
post Mar 13 2005, 02:49 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 2,403

Greg
Breakfast sould good do you have a place in mind yet? I'll asked permission to go HAHAHA. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/chatsmiley.gif)
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Mar 13 2005, 03:26 PM
Post #6

What about the Rock Springs Cafe in Black Canyon Clty. Lots of twisties there aud back, and you aren't backtracking. We can start from Metro Ceuter at 9:14.
+Quote Post
bryanc
post Mar 13 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2,495

I assume the Brian you speak of is Brian Miller. Please put me on the list as well.
+Quote Post
Flat VW
post Mar 13 2005, 04:08 PM
Post #8

Illegal Soapbox Derby Racecar

Member No.: 3,105

Ernie,

Traffic was near none when we traveled it at approx. 8pm at night, but it was winter,of course. I saw enough of that road though to know one would not want to make any "driving errors" on the Oatman part of the journey, some of the road is near "zero edge" to oblivion. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving-girl.gif)

I also understand from a pal that Oatman is well attended in the summer, as is the Snow Cap Drive-in in Seligman.

The Snow Cap is worth stopping for, decent chow and ordering at the window give their staff a chance to "torture" the tourists. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smash.gif)

The "underground" photos are in Grand Canyon Caverns, along the Route. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif) The Caverns would make a great "leg-stretch", about a fourty-five minute tour and nice and cool down there year round.

John
+Quote Post
gregrobbins
post Mar 13 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #9

John, good Route 66 photos. Guaranteed no snow in June.

Brian,I added you to the list. Look forward to meeting you!

Who is "in" for New River on April 3rd?
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post Mar 13 2005, 05:17 PM
Post #10

914 Guru

Member No.: 447

I'm game on new river!
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Mar 13 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #11

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

A Route 66 Run in June would be great. Count me in. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wavey.gif)
Here is the old thread I started on that same proposal a month ago.
LMK what I can do to help make it a reality. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th May 2024 - 05:10 PM