Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Help! Car won't shut off!!, Turn key off, car keeps running
PorscheTom
post Mar 14 2005, 11:43 AM
Post #1

Will work for an Avatar.

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,057

Hello all,

After fixing a problem with falling off heater parts, (Thanks Mark!) I finally got my 914 back on the road yesterday.

Took it for a drive, started right up after sitting for over a month, off I went. When I returned I turned the key off and the engine kept going just like I had not moved the key! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif) What the hell!?

To stop it, I put it in gear and let out the clutch with the brake on, killed it. Gen and Oil lights came on. It restarted fine - no starter issues there - then I killed it again. I then disconnected the negative terminal of the battery (large spark ensued when I pulled it off) and walked away from it.

Side note that I'm not sure makes any difference...since I've owned the car when I first start it the left & right turn signal indicators in the tach glow. Reciently, they've been glowing pretty brightly, then after running awhile they will pretty much go out. Strange, I know. Don't know if it's related to this issue or not.

Anyway, the car has never done this before. Anyone have any ideas on where to begin looking for this problem. I'd rather not sign over my paycheck to the auto electric guy but I guess I will if I have to. I want to drive my car! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)

Any advice would be appreciated.
Regards,
Tom
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
PorscheTom   Help! Car won't shut off!!   Mar 14 2005, 11:43 AM
iiibdsiil   I believe the turn signal indicators glowing like ...   Mar 14 2005, 11:50 AM
Dr Evil   Make sure the starter is not turning/engauged whil...   Mar 14 2005, 11:52 AM
McMark   Is your ignition switch weird? As in do you have ...   Mar 14 2005, 11:57 AM
kkelly   Either your ignition switch has a problem, or you ...   Mar 14 2005, 01:02 PM
!   Have you changed the ignition system to a higher o...   Mar 14 2005, 01:11 PM
ninefourteener   I had a similar problem with my last teener... exc...   Mar 14 2005, 01:17 PM
PorscheTom   Hello Guys, Thx for the replies. Here some more ...   Mar 14 2005, 03:27 PM
Dave_Darling   Mine would stay running as long as I had the left ...   Mar 14 2005, 03:45 PM
ovilla   I had the same problem and I ended up just replaci...   Mar 14 2005, 04:10 PM
ewdysar   MikeZ, My 327 Renegade conversion runs on after t...   Mar 14 2005, 06:33 PM
!   My electrical friend brought it over....1-2 amp di...   Mar 14 2005, 06:59 PM
jones   Christine http://www.914world...   Mar 14 2005, 07:14 PM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 12:09 AM