Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Honda V-6 in the 914, engine options
Texasteener
post Jun 12 2016, 03:10 PM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 18,264
Region Association: Southwest Region

I'm doing nearly the same swap as you, and I had some questions: Did you farm out your wiring/ecu work or do it yourself? I'm also trying to figure out what the best way to work the fuel system is regarding the keeping the Porsche pump v using a Honda one etc., and I'd love some input from somebody who's done it!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Jun 12 2016, 03:48 PM
Post #62

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Texasteener @ Jun 12 2016, 02:10 PM) *

I'm doing nearly the same swap as you, and I had some questions: Did you farm out your wiring/ecu work or do it yourself? I'm also trying to figure out what the best way to work the fuel system is regarding the keeping the Porsche pump v using a Honda one etc., and I'd love some input from somebody who's done it!

Stock pump won't flow enough. Honda one is in the tank. The Walbro inline pump would be the $100 solution.
+Quote Post
cali914
post Jun 12 2016, 08:30 PM
Post #63

cali914

Member No.: 5,934
Region Association: Northern California

Call Carl at vtec performane in Arizona he thinned out my harness sent it back with computer and 8 wires I have Honda j35 out of 2000 odyssey in my 914. 503-391-6300 he can also do your computer
+Quote Post
cali914
post Jun 12 2016, 08:33 PM
Post #64

cali914

Member No.: 5,934

QUOTE(cali914 @ Jun 12 2016, 07:30 PM) *

Call Carl at vtec performane in Arizona he thinned out my harness sent it back with computer and 8 wires I have Honda j35 out of 2000 odyssey in my 914. 503-391-6300 he can also do your computer

VoilaAttached Image
+Quote Post
Papermaker
post Jun 14 2016, 02:50 PM
Post #65

Member No.: 1,578

tomrev—

Thanks for posting photos of your 3.5 L conversion. Your inventiveness and engineering skills are really on display! For those of us that aren’t experienced water cooled conversion folks could you post photos of your cooling system and exhaust? Also, have you driven the car yet?

I almost wish that I hadn't came across this thread, it really makes you think...

--Papermaker
+Quote Post
westtexass2k
post Jun 14 2016, 08:57 PM
Post #66

Member No.: 13,954
Region Association: None

Great job on the conversion. Love Honda engines. I put the S2000 motors in several cars and its my favorite engine. Currently following Micheals lead and installing F20c in my 914. I set myself a 6 week deadlne to get it done.

What brake upgrades do you have.
+Quote Post
tomrev
post Oct 27 2016, 10:22 AM
Post #67

Member No.: 17,037

[quote name='westtexass2k' date='Jun 14 2016, 06:57 PM' post='2359430']
Great job on the conversion. Love Honda engines. I put the S2000 motors in several cars and its my favorite engine. Currently following Micheals lead and installing F20c in my 914. I set myself a 6 week deadlne to get it done.

Sorry for my delay in response; as I had installed a 911 Carrara front suspension, it already had the big rotors, and calipers, but I swapped out the calipers for the alloy Boxster Brembo's up front, and used stock 914-4 rears, that were rebuilt, because I want to retain the parking brake. I have been driving it all Summer/Fall: it runs very well, is fast as expected, with a lot of torque, and because of the modern design, and ECU management it always runs crisp, easy starting, etc. First gear is fine for starting, but it has enough torque that second gear feels like 1st., you can pull easily away from a stop in 3rd if you want. Nailing it in 1st, it will hit the rev limiter faster than you can react to shift, so for speed runs I just launch in second. As a few guys have noticed, I am selling her; the addiction for projects is hard to shake, and garage space and $$ dictate this. With all the cool parts, and the original miles at under 21K, I hope to get around $17K. It has been a very fun project!Attached Image
+Quote Post
rsrguy3
post Oct 28 2020, 09:20 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 10,234

Who ended up with this?
+Quote Post
betz
post Oct 28 2020, 09:54 AM
Post #69

Member No.: 22,593

QUOTE(westtexass2k @ Jun 14 2016, 07:57 PM) *

Did you have a build thread or anything like that? I'm gearing up to put a 4AGE 20V into my 914 and any guides that exists out there for something similar (K20, or any other inline 4) are of great interest to me.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 01:35 PM