Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Getting Ready To Run Air Feeds..., Couple Questions Before I Get Started
iiibdsiil
post Mar 15 2005, 10:48 PM
Post #21

Needs Door Locks

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,362

I ran this by on a garage talk forum, so far my reply has been "I won't help you because I am not putting this website at stake if something happens" yada yada yada.

Hopefully someone here will answer my questions. Yes, I know PVC isn't recommended, etc.

Start Thread:

Okay, so I am going to run 1 1/4" PVC line. Yes, I chose PVC because I have heard from a few people locally that it is that much easier, cheaper, and it will work fine. People that have done it and used it for many years. I am still kinda skeptical, but these people I trust.

Now, I have a couple questions.

1. I am going to run 50 feet from one corner, and from that same corner, 20 feet the other way. I think I read somewhere that with a bigger feed (1.25") that you will gain volume, but lose pressure, is that correct? I will be running 125ish PSI at my main regulator, which will be between the tank and where the PVC will start. Also, my 50 foot and 20 foot feeds will be 11 feet high, thus needing to drop 7 feet or so, so that is going to be more volume. I will have a total of 5 drops. Rather have more than I need then kick myself later.

I know you like pictures so...

(IMG:http://www.lockeddoorracing.com/airline/DSC00916%20(Small).JPG)
Click here to see larger (5.0 megapixel) version

That is the area that I plan on doing the lines at. The wall that is on the right will be my 50 foot feed. And then the wall that the electrical is on will be my 20 foot or so lead.

2. How do I get around this little obstacle? I would rather not have to square around it because I think that would hurt air flow? Maybe I can get something that is more circular? Or will it not matter?

Picture...
(IMG:http://www.lockeddoorracing.com/airline/DSC00917%20(Small).JPG)
Click here to see larger (5.0 megapixel) version

I will only need to go over the one electrical conduit there, as that light is 10 feet high, and the feed will be at 11 feet.

Also, I am probably going to run the feed that goes from the compressor and up to the 11 foot mark directly in the corner, if I can find the T I would need to make this happen, if not, I will run it a couple inches in on the long wall.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
iiibdsiil   Getting Ready To Run Air Feeds...   Mar 15 2005, 10:48 PM
scott thacher   plastic is fine just shut down the compressor at n...   Mar 15 2005, 11:00 PM
rick 918-S   I had PVC air lines in my body shop with 6 monkeys...   Mar 15 2005, 11:09 PM
Kargeek   I have had 1" pvc air lines in my shop for over 20...   Mar 15 2005, 11:09 PM
iiibdsiil   Thanks guys. I knew I should have just came here f...   Mar 15 2005, 11:24 PM
iiibdsiil   Yeah, I planned on running the thicker PVC, I gues...   Mar 15 2005, 11:26 PM
rhodyguy   schedule 80 is the way to go. think about adding a...   Mar 16 2005, 08:28 AM
CptTripps  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 02:02 PM