Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> OT How would you sell a large lot of automotive Literature, Also need info on printing posters maybe.
914bub
post Jan 4 2016, 10:52 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,260
Region Association: None

Any insight is appreciated.

I have a large lot of Volvo accessory literature. Last I counted I had 230 pieces or so, ranging from single sheets to catalogs that are hundreds of pages, some are VERY unique. My question is how would you go about selling such a lot?

I don't want to onesy twosey it through ebay as I don't want to have to list things separately, pay all the fees etc. I also don't want to sell the lot to an auto literature dealer as I know I'll get pennies on the dollar, (same reason I have my extensive Padres Baseball card collection).

There are pieces in the collection that are worth $100-$250 by themselves. I figure at $10 a piece I have around $2000-$2500 worth of literature. What would you guys do?

Should I just put the whole lot on ebay?

I also have a very unique lot of film negatives that came from a company in New Jersey that was hired by Volvo to take all their press pictures from 1968-1973 or so. I have negatives of several stages of the artwork being done for a 1973 accessory brochure. Really neat owning the literature and pictures of it being drawn,(as well as owning a 73 142).

I'm also curious about having posters made from some of those negatives. Anybody have experience with maybe a website that does that?

TIA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 06:33 PM