Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

27 Pages V « < 14 15 16 17 18 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Official West Coast Rally 2016: May19th -22nd in Medford Oregon, It is not to late to register! We also are still accepting prizes
aircooledtechguy
post Apr 18 2016, 04:02 PM
Post #301

The Aircooledtech Guy

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,730
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(relentless @ Apr 17 2016, 11:26 AM) *

Saturday I took the wife's car down to the Rogue Regency Inn and met up with Steve, Renee, Jamie, and his uncle. We are planning the WCR Road Trip for this year.

Since we have been leaning toward a road trip to Crater Lake, Jamie and his uncle accompanied me on a trip there to get an idea of road conditions, places to stop, etc.

Heading out of Medford on Rt 62 we ran into a dozen or so Porsche's convoying along! I handed Jamie my camera for some pics and ended up with a short video. The road is clear all the way up except there is a lot of snow on the side of the road at higher elevation.

It's about 65 miles to Crater Lake via 62 and there are a couple great sites on the way to get group pictures. We are still deciding whether Crater Lake is the best option for a road trip and I have been suggesting we loop back to Medford via 140 over Lake of the Woods. That would be 80 miles back.

I would appreciate any feedback as to how many of you want to go and if a 150 mile trip is reasonable.

If people can't make a 150 mile road trip in their 914, they probably shouldn't bring it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (Says the guy bringing his "other car" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) ) Seriously though, the drive up to the lake is spectacular. Josh & I didn't drive around the rim last time since he was getting restless, but it was a great drive through beautiful country. T'would be a crime not to drive up to the lake while you're there. . . I'm up for it!!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Apr 18 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #302

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

I avoid long road trips since the tires on my car are Hoosier A6's. They will be A7's before the event. On the road if anyone was fool enough to drive them there, they would last about 5K miles.
So, I trailer. There are other reasons besides reliability... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Apr 18 2016, 08:21 PM
Post #303

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

the drive around the rim was closed in 2012 as It will be closed this year also, The West Rim drive is closed till early June and the East Rim drive is closed till July.

From Crater Lake, I have taken the 62 to Fort Klamath and stayed on Volcanic Legacy Scenic Byway which takes you through Rocky Point (North West of upper Klamath lake) and to 140. Then a few miles to Lake of the woods. Beautiful drive.
+Quote Post
dan10101
post Apr 19 2016, 04:47 PM
Post #304

TORQUE-o-holic

Member No.: 626

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 17 2016, 02:00 PM) *

Found 110 octane fuel 6.9 miles from the hotel! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Just realize that it's 110 leaded race gas. They won't pump it into your car but will into a can. The girl I talked to didn't seem to care what we did with it after that. Sure helps my turbo!

+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 19 2016, 06:30 PM
Post #305

914 Guru

Member No.: 129

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) Whoa one month away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) Get your car off it's jack stands. It's close to "West Coast Rally" autoX time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
dan10101
post Apr 19 2016, 09:56 PM
Post #306

TORQUE-o-holic

Member No.: 626

That reminds me of a WCR about 10 years ago. Andrew was scrambling to get his car ready. We were rattle can spraying it flat black the night before. Good times.

I guess some things don't change.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post
cary
post Apr 19 2016, 10:14 PM
Post #307

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,608

Registered & Paypal Sent .............

Starting to get Mark's (914Rubber) blue car ready for WCR. Pleasantly surprised on how well the carbed 2.0 idled for 2 hours while researching an oil leak. Bad news, no oil showed up on the dye light. So the engine is being dropped tomorrow.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 20 2016, 11:31 AM
Post #308

914 Guru

Yeah got it all Cary thanks!

Hope you find the oil leak when the motor is down. Noticed mine leaking at the autoX track Friday. Looks like it is the little filter on the head on mine. I'll see this weekend. Nothing serious by any means
+Quote Post
montoya 73 2.0
post Apr 20 2016, 04:01 PM
Post #309

Lack of consideration to others, and Selfish!

Member No.: 3,016
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(dan10101 @ Apr 19 2016, 03:47 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 17 2016, 02:00 PM) *

Found 110 octane fuel 6.9 miles from the hotel! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)

Just realize that it's 110 leaded race gas. They won't pump it into your car but will into a can. The girl I talked to didn't seem to care what we did with it after that. Sure helps my turbo!

In Klamath Falls, They will pump it into your car. Atleast they did for me.

+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Apr 21 2016, 12:29 PM
Post #310

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Last piece of the puzzle is in place! My schedule at work has been changed and I am off the whole week! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Apr 22 2016, 05:08 PM
Post #311

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

I'm chomping at the bit for WCR to get here. I might have to get there a week early with Elliot... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 22 2016, 07:33 PM
Post #312

914 Guru

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Apr 22 2016, 04:08 PM) *

I'm chomping at the bit for WCR to get here. I might have to get there a week early with Elliot... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I hear you. Spending last friday night at the track. I was so ready to see that big line of 914's....
In my rear view mirror (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Rocky
post Apr 22 2016, 08:33 PM
Post #313

From the cockpit

Member No.: 1,845

Jamie, do you know the helmet requirements at the track? DOT ok or is Snell required?
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 22 2016, 08:49 PM
Post #314

914 Guru

QUOTE(Rocky @ Apr 22 2016, 07:33 PM) *

Jamie, do you know the helmet requirements at the track? DOT ok or is Snell required?

Snell SA 2005 & up. Actually the 2000 & up will work this year too
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Apr 23 2016, 03:49 PM
Post #315

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407
Region Association: None

I just now noticed this but are we calling it the West Coast Rally now, instead of West Coast Ramble? I kind of like Rally better anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Matty900
post Apr 23 2016, 04:55 PM
Post #316

Member No.: 18,454

QUOTE(JRust @ Apr 19 2016, 05:30 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) Whoa one month away (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) Get your car off it's jack stands. It's close to "West Coast Rally" autoX time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Getting closer. Car will get primer on Monday then come home for blocking. Hopefully have it ready for paint by Friday.
Trying to get the fuel injection system put back on it and get it bench started before it gets back from paint.
It's going to be close. Wish me luck

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
mankowski
post Apr 24 2016, 04:48 PM
Post #317

Member No.: 11,335

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get work off on Thursday or Friday to be able to attend. Hopefully, next year will be different.

If anyone is looking for a room at the hotel, I just had to cancel my reservation so one should be available now.

Eric
+Quote Post
TC 914-8
post Apr 24 2016, 09:14 PM
Post #318

Member No.: 9,090

Is there a plan for the WA folks traveling south?
Looks like I will be traveling solo and towing, I will have plenty of room for a copilot, momma and pugs are staying home this time. Let me know pm for my #
Think I might leave on Wednesday
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 25 2016, 07:43 AM
Post #319

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Tony, curt (Greenie) and I will (plan is) head out on Thursday. If you would like to come to my place on wed, I have room for the car and MH at my place and you can roll with us. I was going to wait until it was closer to the event date to start a Caravaning thread.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Apr 25 2016, 04:34 PM
Post #320

914 Guru

QUOTE(TC 914-8 @ Apr 24 2016, 08:14 PM) *

Is there a plan for the WA folks traveling south?
Looks like I will be traveling solo and towing, I will have plenty of room for a copilot, momma and pugs are staying home this time. Let me know pm for my #
Think I might leave on Wednesday

Rich is heading down Wednesday. The offer to crash at my place Wednesday night is still good. From my place it's maybe a 4 hour drive to Medford. I am 10min west of I5. So if you want to Head down Wednesday you are more than welcome to join us Tony (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . I do have space although if your flat towing you'd have to unhook to turn around. If your 914 is on a trailer than no problem.

I plan to hit the road Thursday morning whenever I get my lazy but out of bed & have everything loaded. Rare I sleep past 7 but I'll be in Portland for work Wednesday. So I probably won't be home until 7pm. Which means loading up may happen more Thursday morning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post

27 Pages V « < 14 15 16 17 18 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 07:51 AM